“Hell, yeah!”
Review of Lonesome's pizza - CLOSED

Lonesome's pizza
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Delivery
Description: late night gourmet pizza delivery. Open 5pm to 4am. You'll notice our pizza boxes look a little different. When you open your large pizza inside the box you’re going to find a DVD from an independent film maker or a CD from a musician you probably haven’t yet heard of or visual art from an artist we all think’s doing something interesting. The idea here is that we want to bring something pretty into your homes, some art you wouldn’t normally get to see while in your living room. We've always got more info on all the artists you see in our artist directory. When you open your personal pie you’re going to see something really, really stupid. We come up with these ideas while drinking.
Portland, Oregon
“Hell, yeah!”
Reviewed September 15, 2012

Best pizza in PDX! My girlfriend makes one bad a*s pizza so I always have a hard time finding a pizza place I really like. Unfortunately, it took me almost a year to find you guys! And I found you because YOU are, THANK THE COSMOS, open past 10pm. Also, I love it that you guys take the time to share art and music...mixing creativity with food making is the way it should always be.

• Visited September 2012

Asheville, North Carolina
“Night Moves”
Reviewed August 31, 2012

Ive eaten here dozens of times; most inventive and delicious pizzas you will find in the city. Im lucky enough to live just a couple blocks from them, and the stroll over to pick up our pies is like a trip to mecca. My original experience went something like this:
"We struggled. We bickered. Finally, we flipped a buffalo head nickle. She won. It was going to be "Hasselhoff vs. velcro headboard restraints" No, this is not some wonky video game, its the name of a Pizza at Lonesome's. Need a little more to go on? Hows this:
A white pie with ricotta, mozzarella, bacon, walnut, fresh rosemary, and crisp potato slices. Yes, now you understand? I phoned it in. The girl asked me if we wanted it delivered, interesting question. If I tried really hard I could probably throw a pineapple through their window from my back porch, but not really. I told her we'd come get it. But where exactly do I go? She laid it out: on the side of the bakery building there is a parking lot, look for the loading dock, them come up to the screen door in the back corner and knock three times. Then someone will ask for the password and if you arent too drunk and say it correctly, they will give you youre pie. Actually thats not true. I was drunk, said the password wrong and they still sold me the Pizza. It was the right thing to do.
Aaaah. The Pizza. The aroma emanating from the box had us moving towards home at a pace more attune to jogging than strolling. Finally in the kitchen I busted it open. Someone named Cory Branan had a portfolio glued to the inside of the box along with a CD, and his time would come, but first the food. My first bite impression was...breakfast. The Bacon and Potatoes lent this a nice breakfast feel. It was wonderful; each slice had a robust balance between meshing textures and flavor attacks that kept my saliva flowing like lava. Next I did something that may make the Pizza makers cringe, and I hope they dont take this as an insult to their Pizza but all I could think about is how wonderful my special salsa would taste on this. This is not 'old el paso' or some other crap, this is Grandma Changa's we're talkin about here. Just a couple teaspoons worth here and there and I floated up to the next level.
We both agreed this was a great Pizza. If I had to nitpick I'd say that the crust could stand to have a bit more body to it. But that is all. Next time I will get the one that I wanted, damn it; The 'Tesla the inventor vs. Dokken the band'. Or whatever theyre calling it next month."
Anyhow, Ive been hooked ever since. Do yourself a favor and join the club. You can thank me later...
BTW: realize that this a delivery/pick-up place only and that there is no dining area. Also, realize that they deliver until FOUR A.M.

• Visited August 2012
Portland, Oregon
“So impressed!”
Reviewed May 21, 2012

We were four young people visiting Portland and it was 2 am and we were getting hungry. We accidentally found this place online and placed an order. We got the goat cheese, artichoke, and lamb pizza. Never had anything like it, it was AMAZING. The coolest part was that they were promoting some local band so with the pizza came a CD and some pictures and information about the band. Reasonable price-$25 including tip for a large pizza. I would have paid double.

• Visited May 2012
Portland, OR
“Again, Lonesome's comes through..”
Reviewed February 28, 2012

As I said in a previous review...Best pizza in Portland! On our last order, there was a small issue. (these things happen and it wasn't like there was barbed wire in the pizza) Lonesome's found out about it and made it up for it WAY more than ever expected.

So not only do they have amazing pizza, they have superb customer service. Thank you SO MUCH Lonesome's!

• Visited February 2012
Portland, OR
“Good Pizza in Portland?? Say it Aint So!”
Reviewed January 16, 2012

As I have stated in previous reviews, I am a bit of a Pizza Snob. Living in Portland, I have been extremely disappointment in the quality/availability of good Pizza. Lonesome's has changed my attitude toward this. The pie is outstanding! They deliver well into the night and it always comes hot and fresh. We personally love the "deep dish" which is a few dollars more, but well worth it. Want a little something sweet with your pizza? Try the salted caramel ice cream! Awesome!!

• Visited January 2012