“great spot, romantic”

Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, French, Pub, Wine Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: SW Morrison & SW Alder
Transit: Located within two blocks of both Max red and blue line stations.
Description: Tucked away on a narrow street in the historic Calumet building in the heart of downtown, this rustic-refined French-American gastro-pub evokes the feel of Paris while being quintessentially Portland. In the heart of downtown, the Brasserie is a place to wind up or wind down. It's a perfect venue for date nights, business lunches, relaxing after work, on-the-town dining, or a post-shopping retreat. Private dining suitable for intimate fêtes or more boisterous affairs. This local brasserie elicits the true essence and spirit of the word “Montmartre,” defined literally as the highest point in Paris, and now figuratively as a perfectly French-American respite for food, drink and conviviality.
Reviewed June 16, 2013

we were walking around portland on vacation and found this spot for dinner. when we got a in there was a man playing the piano we were seated at a great booth. the food was really good, great flavors and ingredients. the portions were a bit small on the entre's and this is not something usually complain about.
its really a great spot to have a drink with friends or a date in one of the booths.

Reviewed June 9, 2013

My BFF had never been here and it had been probably 20 years since I had so the dining month special was just the excuse I needed to book a girls night out...we were treated wonderfully and had a great time catching up! The ambience was classy, live music playing but we could still chat without having to yell. The food was perfectly prepared and portioned, just enough and well timed. Going back and taking my husband soon!

Reviewed June 3, 2013

I was a fan of Brasserie for many years - but no more... since reopening the service & food has been very spotty. Was in for brunch 6/2/13 - had to send my Eggs Benedict back even though I specifically requested how I wanted my eggs prepared (& I'm not very picky so it was bad). My brunch companion was almost done with her food by the time I got mine back. The pre-mixed bottomless Mimosa was mostly orange juice. The time before this visit we had to flag our waitress down anytime we wanted service even though it was not at all crowded. Very disappointed & never recommending it to anyone again.

Reviewed June 2, 2013

If you are a fan of French food, try this restaurant. We sat outside under the red umbrellas on a lovely sunny day and had the most delightful meal. The carrot and dill soup was exquisite. Silky smooth and so delicious. Wish I had the recipe. The croque monsieur was exactly as It should be and just like the ones you get in Paris. I would go back there just for another one!!!

Reviewed June 1, 2013

Would not have gone here with our group of 6 mature ladies if I had known it would be so loud. Very difficult to have a conversation. Service was friendly but slow and spotty. Menu was just ok for vegetarian - not a lot of choices. Obviously a trendy hot spot so not likely anything will change. If you like a boisterous crowd and are not In a rush, will probably love this place.