“Not going back...”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Brasserie Montmartre - CLOSED

Brasserie Montmartre
Cuisines: French, American, Cajun & Creole, Pub, Wine Bar
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Drinks, Breakfast, Brunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: SW Morrison & SW Alder
Transit: Located within two blocks of both Max red and blue line stations.
Description: Tucked away on a narrow street in the historic Calumet building in the heart of downtown, this rustic-refined French-American gastro-pub evokes the feel of Paris while being quintessentially Portland. In the heart of downtown, the Brasserie is a place to wind up or wind down. It's a perfect venue for date nights, business lunches, relaxing after work, on-the-town dining, or a post-shopping retreat. Private dining suitable for intimate fêtes or more boisterous affairs. This local brasserie elicits the true essence and spirit of the word “Montmartre,” defined literally as the highest point in Paris, and now figuratively as a perfectly French-American respite for food, drink and conviviality.
Portland
“Not going back...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013

I was a fan of Brasserie for many years - but no more... since reopening the service & food has been very spotty. Was in for brunch 6/2/13 - had to send my Eggs Benedict back even though I specifically requested how I wanted my eggs prepared (& I'm not very picky so it was bad). My brunch companion was almost done with her food by the time I got mine back. The pre-mixed bottomless Mimosa was mostly orange juice. The time before this visit we had to flag our waitress down anytime we wanted service even though it was not at all crowded. Very disappointed & never recommending it to anyone again.

• Visited June 2013

White Rock, Canada
“Best Croque Monsieur outside Paris”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2013

If you are a fan of French food, try this restaurant. We sat outside under the red umbrellas on a lovely sunny day and had the most delightful meal. The carrot and dill soup was exquisite. Silky smooth and so delicious. Wish I had the recipe. The croque monsieur was exactly as It should be and just like the ones you get in Paris. I would go back there just for another one!!!

• Visited April 2013
Boulder, Colorado
“Noisy”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2013

Would not have gone here with our group of 6 mature ladies if I had known it would be so loud. Very difficult to have a conversation. Service was friendly but slow and spotty. Menu was just ok for vegetarian - not a lot of choices. Obviously a trendy hot spot so not likely anything will change. If you like a boisterous crowd and are not In a rush, will probably love this place.

Visited May 2013
New York City, New York
“New to Portland”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2013

We just moved to Portland. We have so many restaurants to try. We walked to Brasseri. Since it was Sunday, we were given a brunch menu. I had the Monte Cristo with the bottomless Mimosas. A perfect pair! The one thing a lte negative would be... if the broche was cooked a little more so it wouldn't be so doughy. Not enough to complain though. We want to come back. The atmosphere was cozy and relaxed. We heard there is live music at night which will be an added plus.

• Visited May 2013
Melbourne Beach, Florida
“Great date-night spot :-)”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2013

I enjoyed a wonderful date night with my boyfriend at Brasserie Montmarte. Loved the atmosphere and the drink selection. Our cheese plate was delish. There was a great 3-piece jazz band playing. Really cool, relaxed and just a great spot to have a cocktail and conversation with the one you love. I will definitely go back the next time I'm in Portland :-)

• Visited May 2013