“A Delightful Experience”

Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, French, Pub, Wine Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: SW Morrison & SW Alder
Transit: Located within two blocks of both Max red and blue line stations.
Description: Tucked away on a narrow street in the historic Calumet building in the heart of downtown, this rustic-refined French-American gastro-pub evokes the feel of Paris while being quintessentially Portland. In the heart of downtown, the Brasserie is a place to wind up or wind down. It's a perfect venue for date nights, business lunches, relaxing after work, on-the-town dining, or a post-shopping retreat. Private dining suitable for intimate fêtes or more boisterous affairs. This local brasserie elicits the true essence and spirit of the word “Montmartre,” defined literally as the highest point in Paris, and now figuratively as a perfectly French-American respite for food, drink and conviviality.
Hillsboro, Oregon
“A Delightful Experience”
Reviewed March 31, 2013

We had past the restaurant several times and finally had the opportunity to experience it. The menu had several choices for starters, soups, salads, entrees, and dessert but we decided to have the pris fixee menu which included a soup or salad, an entree, and a choice of dessert for $25 each. My wife had the ginger carrot soup and I had the French onion soup, the former was very tasty and the latter did not have the aftertaste that some French onion soups have. We also had the three cheese platter upon the suggestion of our waiter, Jonathan. My wife chose a Roasted Chicken Breast with butternut squash, kale, black truffle jus entree and I had the pasta of the day which was a gnocchi baked with fress mozzaralla. The desserts were excellent; my wife had the malted milk cream brulee and I had the mayer lemon tart. They were complimentd by an excellent espresso. We had a dining experience an cannot wait to go back again!

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Myles C

Phoenix, Arizona
“Wow! What a gem!”
Reviewed March 21, 2013

At first glance, it doesnt look like anything hugely special. Once inside, your mind changes completely! I love the decor, beautiful chandeliers, exposed brick, and a stunning staircase leading downstairs. Ideal setting for an event! The brunch was wonderful, every person at our large table loved their food. Most tables are offered a crossiant basket to nibble on while they wait, we didnt get one this particular time, but they looked fabulous. You will really enjoy this awesome place!

Visited March 2013
Renton, Washington
“Average French restaurant”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Went to the restaurant on a Friday night. I was quite surprised the restaurant was not filled when we went. Music was played when we were there, but the music was not very memorable or special.

The food itself was decent but nothing special. We ordered the prix fixe menu consisting of the pasta with clams, salad, and creme brulee. We also ordered a chicken dish. The main entrees were somewhat forgettable (but not bad) and the salad was very lightly (too lightly) doused with salad dressing. The creme brulee was unfortunately flavored with an obviously unnatural orange flavor. The service from the waitress was very good though as she was quite patient and attentive.

• Visited March 2013
Portland
“Best Happy Hour in the City”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

We go to lots of places for happy hour in Portland. But this one has out shined them all. The food has the most wonderful flavors and the atmosphere was very nice. The service was stellar and the drinks worth the average happy hour cost. But again the food was fantastic. OH! They have all day happy hour on Monday.

• Visited February 2013
Sandy, Oregon
“Wonderful Lunch”
Reviewed February 14, 2013

My friend and I had a really nice lunch here, at a very reasonable price. I ordered the braised beef and brie cheese sandwich, which is served open faced on a toasted baguette, along with a side salad. It was a good sized but not overwhelming portion and so good that I kept eating after I should have stopped! My friend ordered the pulled chicken sandwich and fries and also enjoyed it a lot. There were many intriguing items on the menu that we want to go back and try. Service was excellent; a friendly but not intrusive server.

• Visited February 2013