“Repast”

Small-Group Portland City Driving Tour and Willamette River Lunch Cruise
Ranked #4 of 453 things to do in Portland
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Opened in fall of 2000, this is the largest Suzhou style garden outside of China.
Reviewed March 3, 2014

I didn't spend much time here as I was leaving the city on the same day but it was one of the things I had to do. It was a refreshing repast from the world outside and quite a beauty. I highly recommend going when you have time to be physically and mentally present.

Reviewed March 1, 2014

This is a small garden, but a good one. Very good representation of ancient gardens in China. Tea house is worth a visit, might be entertainment. Plan a few hours if you like this sort of thing. Food in Chinatown nearby. It's been a few years since we've been there, but we'll be back.

Since seeing this beautiful place, we've been to the one at the Huntington Library, and to gardens in Beijing and Shanghai. We'll always love our first.

1  Thank David_Jones2014
Reviewed March 1, 2014

It is always interesting to me to see how other cultures celebrate different things. I went to see the Chinese new year celebration and was treated to many new things.

Reviewed February 26, 2014

My visit was very tranquil and I enjoyed the garden very much. There is actually quite a lot to see, especially if you take the docent led tour. The tea house is lovely with lots of teas to sample. However, there are not many food items, so don't come hungry.

Reviewed February 24, 2014

This is a beautiful oasis well worth a visit. The visitors' brochure costs extra, but definitely worth it to fully understand the symbolism and history behind the artefacts and layout of the gardens.

Been to Lan Su Chinese Garden? Share your experiences!