“Amazing food and a good price”

Tangier Moroccan & Mediterranean Cuisine
Ranked #213 of 4,430 Restaurants in Portland
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Family owned and operated Restaurant
Reviewed February 6, 2013

I have been here a few times over many years and it has always been amazing. I love meeting up here for lunch and the price is very reasonable

Reviewed February 1, 2013

I went to for lunch and had an awesome meal. Not because everything was perfect but because the service was spot on.

The waitress made great suggestions on what to order, sharing a couple dishes is a really good way to go.

One of the items we ordered arrived with a sauce I asked for on the side, so they made me a new one and left the mistaken dish for my eating partner who didn't have a problem with the sauce. It really showed me the right way to fix an error.

I left with a full belly and will go back for sure!

Reviewed September 3, 2012

Delicious Middle Eastern food. The kabobs were delicious. The pita bread was the best I have ever had, I could have made a meal out of the pita bread and taziki sauce!

Reviewed August 6, 2012

We love trying any kind of ethnic food, and anything Middle Eastern is out of the ordinary for us. Two Middle Eastern/Lebanese places right next door: even better! Nice to try two beers I have never tried before (one from Lebanon and the other I forgot), and the esposa's dinner of fish was delicious. Mine, rice and lentils, was a bit small but delicious until I mentioned it to the wait staff (also part of family that owned the place, I think), and she ran-down some of the ingredients: chicken broth!!!

I ordered off a section that was clearly marked "vegan"???

OK, so this probably happens a lot more than I want to think it does. In Asian and Tex/Mex/Southwestern restaurants, I often wonder about this very thing with the rice. When I get a veggie burger, who knows what was frying right beside it, right?

I didn't say anything, neither did my other half. Truthfully, I gave it a good whiff beforehand and didn't smell it, so I wish I never knew the truth. So I would not recommend this place to vegetarians, but with its convenient location, pleasant atmosphere, and engaging staff, I hate to diss it. So consider this a pass...... Someone there needs to get the vegetarian and vegan stuff right or re-label it, OK?

Reviewed July 9, 2012

When my husband suggested we try out a new restaurant while checking out the Saturday Market in downtown Portland, I was all for it until I found out it was Lebanese food. I had never tried anything like it before and was concerned I would not care for the flavors or the food but boy was I wrong! Not only is the atmosphere and service very nice, (loved the authentic Lebanese music playing in the background) but the food was amazing! We both ordered shawarmas, which are similar to the American style Gyros. One was chicken and one lamb. Both excellent. Loved the flavors, textures and that it didn't totally ruin our diets. Fresh, delicious and very flavorful. The only down side, I desperately needed more napkins. Also, the cucumber slice in the water was a nice touch, especially for such a hot day and I appreciated the flavor it brought the water.