“Real Good Italian Food at a Real Good Price”
Review of Porcelli's Ristorante & Bar - CLOSED

Porcelli's Ristorante & Bar
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Portland, Oregon
“Real Good Italian Food at a Real Good Price”
Reviewed June 17, 2014

This neighborhood restaurant used to be Porcellis Grocery. The current owner bought it years ago and added a small dining section. Over time the dining portion kept expanding and eventually overtook all of the groceries.

Consistently good. Everything from apps to soups to pasta and main courses. Recommend it highly. Especially at the prices.

• Visited June 2014

Lake Oswego, Oregon
“Great little neighborhood Italian Restaurant ”
Reviewed June 7, 2014 via mobile

We ate here on a quiet Friday night. We split the house salad (delicious and authentic) and my wife had spaghetti with a red ground round and sausage sauce that was perfect. I had a perfectly prepared fresh Halibut dish. This place is not a 5-star foodie place. It does have nicely prepared traditional Italian food at reasonable prices, a full bar and a respectable and fairly priced wine list. We will be back again for good food in an old-fashioned Italian restaurant.

Oregon
“good, not great”
Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

I'm always up for Italian especially when it's authentic and locally owned. The food was just okay...better than some but not anything I'd go back for our bring others to. Our friends did enjoy the butternut squash and Portobello ravioli, though. Atmosphere was relaxing, nice staff. Good prices.

Visited March 2014
2 Thank jaxtravelz
Walla Walla, Washington
“I'll give it a 3”
Reviewed February 24, 2014

I would give this place a 2 but my husband would give it a 4 so we'll split the difference with a 3. So I really wanted to like this place. It was near the aerial tram that we had come into town to ride and the reviews looked good. I had looked at the menu online but didn't realize they do brunch on weekends. I'm not a big fan of brunch.

Anyway, my husband ordered breakfast food. He had eggs and potatoes and bacon and he loved his. I tried the bacon and potatoes and both were good.

I ordered the pasta primavera. I should have asked what vegetables were in in it because all of the vegetables were either ones I don't like or can't eat. It was full of peppers which I have never seen in this type of dish. Yuck! The pasta basically fell apart when I tried to twirl it. And the "sauce" had no flavor besides grease.

The service was fine but there were only 2 tables of people so it wasn't that hard.

• Visited February 2014
Denver, Colorado
“A Quiet Dinner”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

My husband and I who appreciate "foodie" food enjoyed our dinner at Porcelli's. I had the risotto with sausage, mushrooms and peas. My husband had the gluten free pasta in bolognese sauce. The server was friendly and engaging. The place was welcoming. We enjoyed eating here because we were staying in the area and it was nice and close. I was raised in New Jersey with East Coast Italian food. I would not say that the restaurant was a "foodie" find, but the food was tasty and the service great. We recommend this restaurant to those in the area.

• Visited September 2013
StevenMCurtis, Owner at Porcelli's Ristorante & Bar, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Thank you for your review. We are trying hard to just be that neighborhood place, with quality food at a reasonable price.