WINNER WONDERLAND

and 1 more site!
Evermore Guesthouse
Ranked #9 of 38 Portland B&B and Inns
Oviedo, Florida
“Lovely Property in Great Location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2014

We stayed 6 nights in the 3rd Floor Skylight room and were very pleased with the entire stay.
Making the reservation was easy--their calendar lets you see which rooms are available. With reservation confirmation, you are emailed the code to access the building--super convenient because you can arrive as late as you want and go directly to your room without having to mess with check-in procedures.

We're not the type to want to mingle with all the other guests, so the breakfast set-up appealed to us, which was, for all intents and purposes, take it or leave it. Some mornings we stopped by for a bite to eat, other mornings we passed. And, I have to add, they have the best bananas. Not sure where they come from, but they're better than the ones we get in Florida.

It's in a great location--just a block south of Division St., which is an up and coming neighborhood and has plenty of trendy restaurants. Plus the neighborhood is friendly to bikers. (Pick up a bike map in the dining area.) Downtown is only a 4-mile bike ride.

I had occasion to run into the staff several times. Anna was particularly friendly and helpful when I questioned her about the availability of the laundry facilities (guests may use after hours--located in basement). And the maintenance man was kind enough to give me a tutorial on how to use the washer/dryer.

The skylight room is cute. Fortunately, there are various shades available to help keep out the morning light; I was surprised by how bright it got so early. A small hallway connects the main room and the bathroom--you'll find that if you stand outside in the main guest hallway, there are exterior doors to each (your key works for both) and they're simply connected on the inside by the private hallway. It's unusual but it works. Plus there's a nice little balcony that seats two people right off the private hallway. There's a room closet in the hallway along with some extra shelf space in the bathroom.

The room is big enough to have a few visitors, which we did without feeling entirely cramped.
Excellent mattress--we both slept like logs. And even though we had internet access through our phone, the community computer in the lobby area was also convenient.

The building is lovely. Take a moment to enjoy the stained glass pieces as you enter.
All in all, a great place to stay. Should we get back to Portland again--and I'm sure we will--we'll definitely look to stay at the Evermore Guesthouse again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Chicago
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2014

I recently spent four nights at the Evermore Guesthouse in the 2nd Floor Bay Window room. I had a fantastic stay! The house is gorgeous and I love being able to come and go as I please without having to interact with hotel staff. The house (and other guests) were quiet and peaceful. The large bathtub was an added bonus! Division Street is just a couple of blocks away with more coffee shops, bakeries and eateries than you can shake a stick at. I was traveling by myself and felt 100% safe coming and going after a few late nights out. I will never stay anywhere else on my future visits to Portland. Amazing find!

Room Tip: I loved the Bay Window room. I also got a peek at the 2nd floor Balcony room and it was awesome!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Austin, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2014

Admittedly, I have not stayed here but that is the problem. I am compelled to post a comment because I made plans to stay there but learned two weeks later that they will not honor my reservation due to their own conflict. I spoke with someone on the phone prior to making my reservation and used their system based on their own calendar only to get a cancellation notice today. Very unprofessional.

Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
3 Thank Karin G
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2014

This guesthouse is charming. We stayed for three days and three nights and had not one complaint. The common areas were always clean. We were very satisfied with our room, having chosen it only from the pictures on the website. I'd prefer to stay in this intimate setting than a larger hotel with five times the occupancy any day. The staff was very courteous and helpful. The location is just perfect for catching public transportation. We got around town solely by bus and found it extremely convenient. We truly enjoyed our stay and hope to be back soon!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Burlingame, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2014

Great rooms; friendly staff; magnificent common areas ... and all reasonably priced. We chose the Evermore Guesthouse because of its proximity to Reed College -- but it's a winner regardless of your geographic needs. An ideal place to stay.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2014

Staying at the Evermore Guesthouse (or its sister inn, the Bluebird Guesthouse) puts you right in the middle of the hip and pretty Division-Clinton district. A bike friendly location on a residential street, the Evermore also has a parking lot, very unusual for this part of town. The bus stop for the line that runs directly to the Hollywood transportation center (which connects with the MAX trains to the airport, downtown and other parts of the city) is across the street. The rooms are quiet, comfortable and well furnished and the informal kitchen stocked with high-quality do-it-yourself breakfast items, including excellent coffee and gluten-free options. Enjoy the common rooms, the lovely architecture and grounds and the friendly staff and guests at this affordable, first rate Portland B&B.

Room Tip: I love the third floor skylight room. There's some traffic noise from the main road, but not obj...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Berkeley
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2014

This is an old mansion in the grand Portland style. I was directed here when their companion guest house (Bluebird) was full. I really found this place to be a wonderful surprise. Whenever I returned for the evening I felt I was coming home. The kitchen is fully stocked with fresh goods for breakfast. I took the Skylight Room on the 3rd floor which I thought would be small; it wasn't! It had a large room, big queen sized bed, sofa, desk, a spacious bathroom and a small siting deck in the hallway to the bathroom! Unfortunately it was near freezing when I visited, so I only enjoyed that amenity once in the afternoon. There is excellent, frequent bus service within two blocks to city center (about ten minutes) and crosstown to the north across the street. Southeast Portland has a lot of interesting restaurants and an art house theater. This will be my first choice from now on.

Room Tip: The third floor rooms are very quiet as one might expect; the Skylight Room is most economical and r...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo