WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #9 of 38 Portland B&B and Inns
Chicago
“I absolutely loved it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2014

I recently spent four nights at the Evermore Guesthouse in the 2nd Floor Bay Window room. I had a fantastic stay! The house is gorgeous and I love being able to come and go as I please without having to interact with hotel staff. The house (and other guests) were quiet and peaceful. The large bathtub was an added bonus! Division Street is just a couple of blocks away with more coffee shops, bakeries and eateries than you can shake a stick at. I was traveling by myself and felt 100% safe coming and going after a few late nights out. I will never stay anywhere else on my future visits to Portland. Amazing find!

Room Tip: I loved the Bay Window room. I also got a peek at the 2nd floor Balcony room and it was awesome!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Austin, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2014

Admittedly, I have not stayed here but that is the problem. I am compelled to post a comment because I made plans to stay there but learned two weeks later that they will not honor my reservation due to their own conflict. I spoke with someone on the phone prior to making my reservation and used their system based on their own calendar only to get a cancellation notice today. Very unprofessional.

Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
3 Thank Karin G
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2014

This guesthouse is charming. We stayed for three days and three nights and had not one complaint. The common areas were always clean. We were very satisfied with our room, having chosen it only from the pictures on the website. I'd prefer to stay in this intimate setting than a larger hotel with five times the occupancy any day. The staff was very courteous and helpful. The location is just perfect for catching public transportation. We got around town solely by bus and found it extremely convenient. We truly enjoyed our stay and hope to be back soon!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Burlingame, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2014

Great rooms; friendly staff; magnificent common areas ... and all reasonably priced. We chose the Evermore Guesthouse because of its proximity to Reed College -- but it's a winner regardless of your geographic needs. An ideal place to stay.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2014

Staying at the Evermore Guesthouse (or its sister inn, the Bluebird Guesthouse) puts you right in the middle of the hip and pretty Division-Clinton district. A bike friendly location on a residential street, the Evermore also has a parking lot, very unusual for this part of town. The bus stop for the line that runs directly to the Hollywood transportation center (which connects with the MAX trains to the airport, downtown and other parts of the city) is across the street. The rooms are quiet, comfortable and well furnished and the informal kitchen stocked with high-quality do-it-yourself breakfast items, including excellent coffee and gluten-free options. Enjoy the common rooms, the lovely architecture and grounds and the friendly staff and guests at this affordable, first rate Portland B&B.

Room Tip: I love the third floor skylight room. There's some traffic noise from the main road, but not obj...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Berkeley
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2014

This is an old mansion in the grand Portland style. I was directed here when their companion guest house (Bluebird) was full. I really found this place to be a wonderful surprise. Whenever I returned for the evening I felt I was coming home. The kitchen is fully stocked with fresh goods for breakfast. I took the Skylight Room on the 3rd floor which I thought would be small; it wasn't! It had a large room, big queen sized bed, sofa, desk, a spacious bathroom and a small siting deck in the hallway to the bathroom! Unfortunately it was near freezing when I visited, so I only enjoyed that amenity once in the afternoon. There is excellent, frequent bus service within two blocks to city center (about ten minutes) and crosstown to the north across the street. Southeast Portland has a lot of interesting restaurants and an art house theater. This will be my first choice from now on.

Room Tip: The third floor rooms are very quiet as one might expect; the Skylight Room is most economical and r...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2014

I have to admit I was disappointed when trying to make my Christmas reservation at the Bluebird Guesthouse only to find out there were no available rooms. Instead I was directed to the sister property, Evermore Guesthouse. What a pleasant surprise!

The house is beautiful and the entrance is stunning. As I came through the front door I felt like I'd entered a movie set. The staircase and stained glass pieces really make a statement. While talking to one of the locals, I mentioned where I was staying and it was nice to hear someone say, "I've always wanted to see what that house looked like on the inside. It's such a beautiful house."

One of the things I loved about staying at the Bluebird and the same holds true for the Evermore is that you are made to feel that you are staying at your own home. I was traveling solo and loved the quiet solitude of staying at the Evermore. Once you've finalized your reservation, you receive information about how to enter the house and a contact number should you need anything. Everything in the kitchen is self-serve. Staff is available by phone but not necessarily in the house at any given time.

Now about my room. The good thing is that it was on the third floor, it was incredibly quiet and it was huge. The down side about my room is that while it was huge, the room has slanted ceilings which could be a problem for some guests. One side of the bed was under the slope so getting up from that side of the bed could be tricky. The room was big enough to have room for a sofa, coffee table and writing desk. Being on the third floor might be a challenge for some travelers. There is no elevator. My room was oddly shaped having a hallway between the room and the bathroom but I guess that goes with converting a house into an inn. There is also a balcony though the balcony looks out into tree foliage so it isn't much of a view. The bathroom too is huge and it has a beautiful footed tub. Both the bedroom and the bathroom had skylights which added a lot of light to the rooms. The inn is in a great location with restaurants and shops within walking distance.

I loved my stay, it was a terrific value and I'm looking forward to staying at the Evermore on my next trip.

Room Tip: The third floor room is really quiet but be prepared to carry your luggage up the stairs.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo