“Great noodles”

Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 20, 2016 via mobile

Visiting family in the neighborhood. I had seen this place on TV and wanted to try it. The noodles were fantastic! My wife who is the pickiest eater I know had seconds. We had several noodle dishes and all were good but the squid was a little fishy. The hot & sour soup was average but that is not why you go there, but as an addict for it I order it every new place I go. Looking forward to our next visit to see my family and have some more of Frank's noodles

Reviewed July 16, 2016 via mobile

It's so hard to find great Chinese food these days in many parts of the country. In DFW most Chinese places have fallen to ginormous buffets or cheap fry joints selling 13 versions of general Tso. Basically fried something with a thick sweet sauce.

I try to get to Frank's when I'm in Portland. He has other dishes but I can't get past the handmade hand spun noodles. I have had the pork belly, the chicken, and the shrimp. All are incredible.

I've had the herbal beef appetizer and it's great.

Carry on Frank. You're doing it right.

Reviewed July 15, 2016 via mobile

Stopped by for a quick dinner after arriving in Portland for a conference. I went based on a local recommendation, not realizing that this restaurant is so well known and loved until after I had tasted my first bite of their incredible hand-pulled noodles. Chewy and delicious! It lives up to its reputation. The pickled daikon radish and spicy kimchi were wonderful sides. Comfortable, warm, relaxed atmosphere. A gem!

Reviewed July 12, 2016 via mobile

Frank's Home-Made Noodles are incredible! Great portions, wonderful service and awesome eats....what more can you ask for. This place comes through in a big way. Not far off the beaten path and worth the trip!

Reviewed July 10, 2016

As the name of the restaurant suggests, this place is famous for its noodles. My wife had a noodle dish and said it was delicious. As I follow a vegan diet, my choice was limited to a couple of vegetable dishes. The one I had was ok but nothing special. It was worth it to me to come here so that my wife could enjoy the noodles, but unless you are in a similar situation, I would not recommend Frank's for a vegan or anyone else who cannot eat noodles.

Date of visit: June 2016