“The best Noodles that I've ever had”

Frank's Noodle House
Ranked #182 of 4,473 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 31, 2014

If you have not had the noodles here, then you are really missing out. You've got to have it. The beef noodles with a hot rating of 2 is fantastic. The quality is exceptional. Frank himself is there at the door to make sure you have a good dining experience. No American Express accepted, but other than that it rocked.

1  Thank g b

Reviewed May 29, 2014

Just the best noodles ever!!!! Fast service, very clean and great staff! I had the beef house noodles and the were outstanding! A must try!!!

Reviewed May 27, 2014

Small place that has been on one of the food TV shows. My friend wanted to go there. Good hot and sour soup to begin with. We had a fried mackerall and dumplings for appetizers. Very good. I had the squid noodles and my friend had chicken fried rice. You are asked spicy level 1 to 4. I did too and could have easily done 3. My friend is Indian and he did 4. Not too spicy in his estimation. The noodles are the big handmade variety and quite good. They served some kim chi and diakon radish sides which were tasty as well. Glad we checked it out

Reviewed May 14, 2014

We went to dinner because of course I had seen the restaurant on DD&D. We went on a Thursday night and the place was packed! I wouldn't call it technically a restaurant as it is a house converted to house people to eat. We waited over a half hour and we were taken in with another couple and seated at a table in an upstairs bedroom. It took somebody 15 mins!! to come back and give us the menus. The room was so uncomfortably hot that the other couple got up and opened a window to air out the room. Then when he came back he was complaining and moaning that they were short staffed and blah blah blah which made us uncomfortable (as if we were bothering him).
We tried the hand made noodles which were good but not excellent as they were made out to be. They dropped some tiny plates before the meal without any explanation as to what they were.
The whole vibe was off and I have to say that we will def not be going back.

Reviewed May 6, 2014

We saw Frank's Noodle House on Diners Drive-ins and Dives, and wanted to try Frank's handmade noodles for ourselves. There were several people waiting outside on the porch when we arrived early Saturday evening, which is usually a good sign. Fortunately, we only had to wait about 15 minutes for our table. The handmade noodles in the tofu stir-fry were delicious - thick, with a lot of texture and dense - and coated in red pepper (good thing we ordered level 2 on spicy scale). The vegetarian noodle soup was delicious as well. I would say the only aspect to my visit that I didn't care for was the chop stix, which are not disposable, and I thought were difficult to use - too heavy and cumbersome for a person with small hands.