“Great food at a great price”

Frank's Noodle House
Ranked #134 of 4,385 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed November 17, 2013

Stopped by on a friend's recommendation and was glad I did....the food is great and not expensive at all.

The place is essentially a house with seating throughout...even upstairs...not fancy, but tidy and clean.

The service was a bit slow the night I was in, but the place was packed and the servers were friendly...I did notice the table next to me did not receive their order before I finished however...even though they had ordered before I did.

Reviewed October 30, 2013

This small family-run restaurant features fresh, hand-made noodles served in a variety of ways. Diners have their choice of meat, chicken, tofu or shrimp with the noodles as well as the amount of hot pepper they want. There are good appetizers, too, especially the dumplings.

The food is fresh, delicious and prepared quickly. The atmosphere is basic -- formica tables and bright lights. Try to go early before there is a line outside! It's well worth a stop if you're in Portland.

Reviewed October 27, 2013

We went here on an early Saturday evening. They were too busy Friday night and we were turned away. They would rather not seat us vs. have us wait for 45 minutes for service. It is an old house off of Broadway, but does seat quite a bit.

My wife ordered the black bean noodles and I ordered the Beef noodles. The Beef noodles seemed to be the most popular dish being served at the time. They have a heat scale from 1-4 for you to choose. I chose 3. It was high enough. I may have hurt myself if I went higher.

My wife loved her black bean noodles and I quickly understood why the Beef noodles were so popular. Great hand made noodles. I swear my wife's noodles were just one very long noodle. It went on forever. I left very full and satisfied. We will be coming back and often.

They seemed to be Korean centric on their items. Kimchee, Bulgugi, Beef ribs etc.

Reviewed October 19, 2013

This place is outstanding. The noodles are made daily by Frank/s wife and are cooked just right. They are not soft and mushy but firm, hot and full of flavor. Combined with shrimp, it is an excellent lunch. The spice level is 1 to 4 and 2 is just right in my opinion. My wife likes zero level and the cook will oblige. The sweet radishes are good to eat but the kim-chee is too strong. If you go at noon, it is very crowded and you go outside or upstairs to find a table. The menu shows lots of food choices but my go back to each time is shrimp and noodles.

Reviewed August 21, 2013

This place is literally in a rezoned house. It is quaint, with excellent service, and the food was not your average find. We were looking on Trip Advisor for some local color, and this is definitely it. Many of the dishes have a Korean flare and everything we had was wonderful. Most everything on the menu is homemade, right down to the kimchee and radish. The service was great too!
I echo the sentiments of the others.