“Poor food and service”

Cuisines: Indian
oahu,hawaii
“Poor food and service”
Reviewed October 18, 2012

The female hostess, Ravi was not the warmest! I asked to sit at a nice corner and she actually said no and sat me on a table way in the back.There were only 3 tables when I was there.She never stopped by anyone's table.Only time was to go to cashier to accept payment. The place was very messay esp the buffet line.Food were cold and most of the trays were almost empty and there was still another 1 1/2 before lunch was over. The price were not cheap except for the poor buffet line $10 something.

• Visited October 2012

Milwaukie, Oregon
“The Waitress/Hostess Never Put Down Her Cell Phone!”
Reviewed September 18, 2012

My friend and I were enticed into Mayura Indian Grill and Bar by the lovely aroma wafting out into the street. When we walked in, we were waved in by a woman holding a cell phone to her ear. She did not hand us any menus, so we went to a table and picked up two menus and served ourselves water.
She came back to our table long enough to tell us that there was a lunch buffet for $10.95. After looking at the tired buffet, I decided that I was going to order off the menu...or I would have if someone would have been there to take my order!
After waiting for about 10 minutes, my friend and I threw in the towel and served ourselves from the buffet. We would have left, but we were tired and hungry, and just wanted to eat. All this time, the hostess/waitress remained on her phone.
When we were finished, we walked up to the hostess stand to pay. The woman was still on the phone, and rang us up without saying a word to us. To add insult to injury, my friend was flustered by the inconsiderate and rude service, and didn't realize that the woman never handed her back her credit card! I would never eat here again.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank smpleo
Oregon
“Options not found elsewhere in Portland”
Reviewed January 16, 2012

I have been a frequent diner at Mayura after discovering it last summer. I have enjoyed one dinner and numerous lunch buffets. The buffet is extensive and offers items such as dosa and oothapan that I have not found in Portland before. Each dish is well prepared, and the spice level is just right. Condiments accompany, and there is chai and mango lassi included in the buffet price.

• Visited January 2012
PA,USA
“Tasty, Healthy Food in Pleasant Atmosphere”
Reviewed September 1, 2011

We all really enjoyed our lunch buffet here. I most enjoy eating out when it is healthy food that I cannot prepare at home, served in a pleasant atmosphere at a reasonable price. This is the case at Mayura in Portland, OR. I am only sorry that we had no time to eat here again!

• Visited August 2011
Portland, Oregon
“Unbelievable”
Reviewed December 2, 2010

Great food, the smells, taste, portations...all are OUTStanding