“Good ice cream”
Review of jim dandy drive-in

jim dandy drive-in
Ranked #1,938 of 4,420 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: American
Description: This is a small diner that has been around for decades. It is mainly sandwiches and dessert and is very reasonable in price.
Reviewed September 18, 2012

Loved the soft vanilla cone and the coconut milkshake. Located walking distance from the Quality Inn and Econolodge near the airport.

Reviewed September 11, 2012

The folks there are friendly and the food was delivered in a timely manner. The hamburer was cooked fresh to order. But it was nothing special. My hamburger tasted a little burned or from the grill use. Had plenty of crispy fries and a vanila milkshake. It was good. The atmosphere is all about the 50's with lots of pictures on the walls and other 50's memorabilia. For the price we paid, I don't think I'll return but it was worth the first time to go and check it out.

Reviewed July 29, 2012

has been at this location since 1937 and there is a lot of momentos from thru the years on display. burger cooked to order reasonably priced for portland

Reviewed June 11, 2012

I see a lot of local reviews and that always turns me off when reading a rating/review of anything. Locals seem to want to review their local restaurants higher than necessary. I hate that! Be honest and if you have no palate for food, don't review anything!

I'll be honest, there's lots of old school burger joints in Portland and the average locals seem to gravitate towards antiquated cuisine rather than contemporary. This place is one of the best in doing the old school burger.

Jim Dandy Drive-In doesn't try to pretend it's more than it's sum. It's an old 50's type Drive-in that has fallen by the waist-side. Actually, this place is much older being built in 1937! It's old and not well kept. It seems to attract weirdos, scumbags and other degenerates. I've never been in there without seeing some kind of local White Trash or dirty character. Don't let any of this scare you away!

You go to Jim Dandy for old school burgers and fries, period. Nothing gourmet here, but burgers are tasty. I really can't anymore, but go for the burger for a nostalgic groove.

I added the website, but it's kinda useless without a menu!

Reviewed March 30, 2012

This is a 50's throwback diner and what can I say? I love seeing a piece of Portland history (or pretending I'm back in the diner hey day). Friendly staff, fantastic hot dogs and cheeseburgers and MILK SHAKES . . . yummmmy.