“Comfortable, Fun and Friendly--I've Been Sooo Many Times :)”

Concordia Ale House
Ranked #1,140 of 4,473 Restaurants in Portland
Reviewed July 21, 2014

I don't live in Portland, but if I did, I would be a regular at Concordia Ale House. The servers are friendly and genuine, the food is OK and they always have some sort of fun event going on with the numerous, numerous locally brewed beers they've got available (both on tap and in bottles). In 2009, we drank our way through 12 tasters of IPAs to participate in a contest where the customers get to vote blind on which local brew tasted best, and again now in 2014 there was another such contest, this time with imperial IPAs. It is so much fun getting to taste all the different beers, to rank them, and write little essay descriptors about each of the 12 on the back of the voting card. It's ridiculously easy to strike up a genial conversation with the other patrons in the pub, who, typical for Portland, are almost invariably well-educated, friendly and good-humored. I come to Portland at least once a year and this is my favorite eatery and bar.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

Service was friendly and efficient. We just missed Happy Hour, bummer, but I might go back and try that! We got 2 drinks and then shared a burger with fries (first they brought out onion rings but then took it back and switched it out for fries) and one of the taco plates. I thought the burger was OK. I liked the mushrooms, but the burger didn't have much flavor. Fries were OK. I don’t know what was on the pork tacos but they were much too spicy for me. I couldn't really eat them. I did like their beer selection. Overall, a little pricey for a bar

Reviewed January 3, 2013

This place is the bomb-diddly, for real. We went with teenagers for brunch and several families with young children were there. There are coloring books and toys to loan to young kids, video games for the older kids, and GREAT service and food (not to mention great drinks) for the adults. Great neighborhood/community feel. Great Bloody Marys. Super local/craft beer selection. Breakfast portions too big to eat alone. HIGHLY recommended.

Reviewed October 31, 2012

Stopped in for a beer after an afternoon of wandering around Alberta St, on our way back to Kennedy School, and we were smitten. Nice people, good food, amazing beer list and they were tapping two new flavors that day - Killer Red and Killer Green.

Came back later for more beer and food. Two burgers and the Halibut Fish sandwich. We really did not think we could eat it all, then it was gone! Great rings, good fries, and even with more people, great service and nice local folks.

It's the kind of place you wish you had down at the end of your street.

Reviewed October 4, 2012

Friendly, varied menu, 142 beers OH MY!
Open space for groups or belly up to the bar for a game.
Outside seating if you don't mind the traffic noise.
Add it to my list, especially when biking NE!