“Small but excellent menu with riverview seating!”
Review of Thirst Wine Bar & Bistro - CLOSED

Thirst Wine Bar & Bistro
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: SW River Dr.
Transit: Street Car: will bring right down to the waterfront, get off at "RiverPlace". Bus: The 35 will take you from down town to the SW waterfront. Get off at River Pkwy & River Dr (Stop ID: 13180)
Reviewed June 21, 2014

We sat outside and overlooked the river, while enjoying a unique combination of dinner choices. A shaved brussels sprout salad...a variegated beet salad...a wine tasting of 4 small glasses of local wines...seared ahi tuna...and pulled pork and polenta. The latter was a Northeast version of shrimp and grits - totally unusual and totally tasty! We tried to go back the next day for lunch, but sadly, they weren't open. Delicious!!

Reviewed May 18, 2014

This was my first visit to Thirst. I loved the view looking out on the Columbia River. It's a fairly small place intimate and well decorated. The server we had was plesant and helpful. The menu is fairly limited and a bit pricey however, stopping in during happy hour is well worth it. I would suggest there be a few more vegitarian friendly bites be added to the options. With that said I would certainly come back again and suggest you try the baked brie if you stop in as well.

Reviewed April 20, 2014

Stopped here for dinner, great location along the river. My husband found Thirst on the Urbanspoon as we just arrived in Portland. What an amazing place!! Great food and wonderful wine!!! Glad we found you.

Reviewed January 31, 2014

This was again my second visit I had the seared ahi tuna with wild greens and some radishes a little bit of soy sauce on the side I also had the Kir Royale for my drink my other guests had a different flight of wine and my husband had the flight of scotch. All of the wines champagnes and scotches are made locally to the Portland willamate Valley region!

1  Thank Unclesogg
Reviewed January 29, 2014

The fresh fish we enjoyed was prepared perfectly--crispy on the outside and just right on the inside. Ask the waiter for wine recommendations. We enjoyed the bartender's flight!