“Ruined My Trip to Portland”

Evergreen Escapes Portland
Small Group Willamette Valley Wine and Waterfalls Tour
Ranked #7 of 81 Food & Drink in Portland
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Evergreen Escapes blends the best natural wonders, boutique wineries, and urban enchantments into small group day tours and custom, multi-day escapes from Portland. Explore the waterfalls and wineries of the Columbia Gorge, witness an ecosystem in rebirth at Mt. St. Helens National Monument, experience Portland’s quirky culture on a city tour, or delve deep into the renowned pinot noirs of the Willamette Valley. With a maximum group size of 10 participants and the option to plan a private, custom tour, you’re ensured a personalized and authentic experience led by an expert naturalist. All of our tours include fresh local food, all entry fees, transportation in Mercedes Sprinter Vans, and pick-up/drop-off from Downtown Portland hotels – everything you need to have a meaningful, memorable, and fun experience in Oregon's most amazing places!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Ruined My Trip to Portland”
Reviewed November 18, 2013

Despite booking well in advance and giving them my hotel information this mob unprofessionally decided to give me 36 hours notice that they didn't pick up from my particular hotel. How about letting me know when I booked or during the course of other communication I had with you after the booking?

They suggested I could meet them at another location. As my trip was planned to the hour I could not change my plans to suit their apathetic attitude towards me and I even if I could I would not have given them my business.

I booked through Oregon Tour Co after I arrived in Portland only for them to gve me 12 hours notice the tour is off due to lack of numbers. Had they told me that when I first booked I may have been half a chance to book another tour.

So two Portand tour bookings ruined through no fault of mine.. A great advertisement for Portland tourism!!!! Pitiful

In all my years of travel to numerous countries and locations with many operators I have never had an issue but these amateurs soon blotted my track record.

5 Thank ozmusicmaestro
EscapeArtistNW, Owner at Evergreen Escapes Portland, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
We at EverGreen Escapes are sorry that you were unable to take full advantage of your time in Portland. Please note that we have no affiliation with "Oregon Tour Co.", the company who canceled your tour due to a lack of other participants.

We did, as we promise in our confirmation e-mail, contact you 24 hours or more in advance of your tour to arrange your pickup, and we take seriously the challenge of directly contacting every tour participant before their tour in order to do so. We do this by sending an e-mail confirmation shortly after your booking, and another reminder just a few days before your tour, as well as calling (or in this case, e-mailing) one or two days before your tour. We are sorry that you did not find the relevant information about our hotel pick-up and drop-off services when booking your tour on our website, or in these subsequent correspondences.

We feel it's unfair to absorb the weight of this negative review when you never actually experienced our tour product, of which we are quite proud, but instead chose to cancel your tour. We do wish that we could have added to your experience during your stay. We hope you are satisfied that we agreed to provide you with a full refund on less than 24 hours' notice, despite our formal policy which does not allow for refunds due to cancellation within 72 hours of departure.

EverGreen Escapes Portland

Fort Worth, Texas
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“A great way to see Portland!”
Reviewed October 28, 2013

Jeff was awesome! We wanted to get a broad overview of Portland so we searched for tours of the City and EverGreen Escapes had great reviews so we decided to give it a shot. Because we were staying outside of the city we were told to meet at a Starbucks in an easy to get to location. About five minutes before we were set to leave, Jeff came up to us and introduced himself and took us to the vehicle. I was already impressed since they gave us great directions and he was right on time. We then started on a 3 1/2 hour tour around the city - I have to admit, I was wondering how you could make the tour last that long but Jeff was a great guide with so many personal experiences of the city and a thorough knowledge of the history that made the time fly by. It was obvious that he knew what he was talking about and not just spouting off a 'script'. We were able to see so much of the city from a 'non-tourist' perspective and I will definitely be booking the other tours they offer. In addition to great information, Jeff provided light refreshments for the group which was impressive and just showed his attention to details.

1 Thank Kyle and Robert D
Christchurch, New Zealand
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Mt St Helens day trip”
Reviewed October 17, 2013

This was a brilliant trip, one of the best. The weather and scenery certainly helped but my guide was superb and the organisation excellent. The plan for the day worked out well and had plenty of flexibility which meant I was able to take up the opportunity of the helicopter ride into the Mt St Helens crater (not part of the Evergreen trip and so an extra expense). I had wanted to visit Mt St Helens for a long time and this trip lived up to all my expectations.

London, United Kingdom
“Unforgettable tour of an unforgettable part of Oregon!!!”
Reviewed October 11, 2013

This last September, my daughter & I took the Loop Tour to the Columbia River, Waterfalls, Hood River & Timberline Lodge with Evergreen Escapes. Very easy to book online, they answered positively straight away (unlike some other company whose name I will not mention who kept us hanging on till the last minute...). Our lovely young guide, Daniel, was very punctual, waiting for us outside our Portland hotel. Very friendly & knowledgeable about the fascinating history of Oregon.
The fact that we were only 4, including Daniel, in a very comfortable vehicle, added to the enjoyment. The view of the Columbia River Gorge takes your breath away, the Waterfalls (Multnomah, Latourelle, Horsetail) are also very impressive &, of course, plenty of time for photos...
Lovely snacks & coffee in the morning & afternoon; amazing lunch, so fresh & delicious, at restaurant "Nora's Table" in the lovely town of Hood River; a couple of wineries where you can sample, among other wines, quite a lovely "Pinot Noir"...(particularly from the Wy'East Vineyard).
Last but not least, Mount Hood & the Timberline Lodge, of "Shining" fame(exterior only).
By then, the rain had started falling very heavily but somehow it added something the already
very atmospheric scenery...
Fantastic tour from beginning to end! Highly recommended.

Visited September 2013
5 attraction reviews
“Touring Portland and environs with your best neighbour”
Reviewed October 2, 2013 via mobile

On time, relaxed pace, comfortable vehicle with easy access. Fighting the Government shutdown and Mother Nature temperamental ways did not diminish our day with Evergreen and tour leader Jeff. Mother Nature and the many peoples who have created a life here over the eons are captured. We visited places only locals would know about. Catering is first rate, will be fine for all dietary preferences and all included in the price. A great day out. Highly recommend.