“Columbia River Gorge and Portland, Oregon city tours” 5 of 5 bubbles

Best of Portland Small-Group Sightseeing Tour
Ranked #6 of 77 Food & Drink in Portland
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We invite you to make your escape! We are renowned for our education-based small group tours and custom-crafted private journeys that blend the best of our region's stunning natural wonders, urban enchantments and culinary bounty into transformative travel experiences. Let our passionate, knowledgeable, and caring Escape Artist Guides show you around our incredibly diverse bio-region known as "Cascadia!"
Useful Information: Activities for older children
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Columbia River Gorge and Portland, Oregon city tours”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2013

My friends and I booked Evergreen for a tour of the Columbia River Gorge one day and the next day a Portland city tour. The tour with Kapper to the Gorge was fantastic! He was very knowledgeable, fun to travel with and adjusted our tour to meet our needs. We learned about the history of the area, ecology, geology and much more.He was patient and didn't complain even when we wanted to shop or take pictures and ended up extending our tour by 4 hours! Great snacks were provided and we had a delicious lunch. He is one of the best tour guides we have had and would take another tour with him any time!
Our city tour of Portland with Jeff, the Portland office manager was also excellent. He is proud of his city and it showed! He is very knowledgeable and made the tour interesting with stories and tidbits of history around the city.

Visited September 2013

New York City, New York
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Highest ratings for Evergreen, Kieron, and Kapper!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2013

We recently booked Evergreen for four full-day excursions, two from Seattle and two from Portland. As others have mentioned the catered picnic lunch was fantastic, the tea and snacks kept us going during the long day, and the van was quite comfortable. We enjoyed the other guests with whom we traveled and felt that we were treated to four very special days. Our Portland guides Kieron and Kapper were quite knowledgeable and somewhat tailored our day to our group's interests and energy level. We were thrilled that we were able to do as much walking around/hiking as we did, given that the destinations required a lot of driving, and felt that we learned a tremendous amount about the history, geology, and ecology of the area. We hope to return to the Pacific Northwest again and with Evergreen, see some of the areas we missed this trip.

1 Thank Sabrina19113
Ipswich, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Mount St Helens and Ape caves”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

We are visitors from the UK. This is a good company to deal with - excellent communication regarding arrangements prior to trip - all of which were fulfilled completely. We were in a small group and had an excellent guide in Kapper who briefed us comprehensively on everything related to Oregan, Portland, Washington and, of course the itinerary in hand. The packed food, snacks and drink were of very high quality, locally sourced and well presented. The tour was a long day but very well paced with a good balance between travel and stop off points. You will return extremely well informed about St Helens. Kapper was very patient and had that rare ability to sense what was needed and when. Unreservedly recommended.

1 Thank Tony N
Portland, Oregon
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 57 helpful votes
“Great Wine Tour”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2013

I do not know much about wine, nor wineries in the area. The driver picked us up at a downtown hotel and drove us to wine country. I could have used a bit more education about wine and the area during our drive out, but I wasn't bored at all. We stopped at Rex Hill, which was very pretty, tasted wine, and had a very nice lunch. I'll be honest that when I saw lunch, I was slightly disappointed, but it was delicious. We had salad with grilled chicken, a nice dressing, and a quinoa salad. A cookie would have been good or bread, but everything was filling and good.

We stopped off at Durant Vineyards, Kramer, and Fox Farms. The last two were tasting rooms and not vineyards, but I found that the wine in the tasting rooms were better than the ones we tried in the vineyards. The people pouring were knowledgeable about the wines and were able to talk you through the flavors and notes, which helps me enjoy the wine in a different way.

Our driver was knowledgeable about the area wineries and wine making in general, and I would have loved to have heard more from her. She never rushed us, though, and wanted to make sure we enjoyed our experience.

I would recommend bringing a few snacks and some bottled water. This was a great tour, though and I would definitely recommend it. I liked that all the tasting fees were included, and I did enjoy the healthy lunch.

Edmonton, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Laurence Cotton - Excellent Tour Guide!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

Went with Laurence to several tours. He is an excelent tour guide that brings a great deal of knowledge to the tours he provides. I would recommend him to anyone visiting Portland.

Grant. S.