“Great beer tour and great tour of the city”

Evergreen Escapes Portland
Book In Advance
More Info
$149.00*
and up
Small Group Columbia Gorge Waterfalls and Wine Tour from Portland
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Evergreen Escapes blends the best natural wonders, boutique wineries, and urban enchantments into small group day tours and custom, multi-day escapes from Portland. Explore the waterfalls and wineries of the Columbia Gorge, witness an ecosystem in rebirth at Mt. St. Helens National Monument, experience Portland’s quirky culture on a city tour, or delve deep into the renowned pinot noirs of the Willamette Valley. With a maximum group size of 10 participants and the option to plan a private, custom tour, you’re ensured a personalized and authentic experience led by an expert naturalist. All of our tours include fresh local food, all entry fees, transportation in Mercedes Sprinter Vans, and pick-up/drop-off from Downtown Portland hotels – everything you need to have a meaningful, memorable, and fun experience in Oregon's most amazing places!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed July 20, 2013

We took two tours with EverGreen Escapes--the beer tour and a tour of the city. Our city tour guide was Kelsey who was very informative, friendly and efficient in getting us from one part of the city to another. We really felt we knew much more about the city after the tour, and loved that the tour involved seeing both tourist attractions as well as some of the key neighbourhoods in which ordinary Portlandians live. Our beer tour guide was Jeff who made the tour of the breweries a wonderful experience. We went to four different breweries, all quite unique, and really enjoyed the wide array of beer types. I recommend both these tours if you want to get the best out of your Portland visit.

Reviewed July 19, 2013

I needed a vacation to escape Rapid City. I came to Portland, Oregon and took the tours with evergreen escapes. At first I thought it will cost me a lot because of the hotel I came from. Thankfully they let me in for free with the help of my travel agent. Their tours are one of the best I ever had. My favorite is the Columbia River Gorge with Jeff and Daniel. For a extra bonus, I wanted to see the John Day Dam. I didn't care much about the Portland Tour but it was ok. I really enjoy the Mount St. Helens Tour. Over all I would highly recommend Evergreens Escapes.

Reviewed July 18, 2013

Our tour guide Jeff was very knowledgeable about Portland. He had grown up in Portland and his passion and affection for the city was evident. He was witty and told us some very interesting facts about the culture and the highlights of the city. The tour was definately worth it and for the short time we had in Portland the tour maximized our time.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

I loved reading the other reviews on this tour/company and I realize that it was a bit of an off day and our city tour wasn't the gorge or the wineries but...

I felt that the tour was a bit too fluid for my tastes then suddenly rigid at the turn of a dime (as when asked if we were done talking). I did learn a lot about Portland history and culture. I also saw several sites I'd not been able to see before. Overall, I was glad for the time to learn about the Pittock Mansion, the layout of Portland, the Rose Garden, a new neighborhood or two and experience a company that cares about the environment as a part of what they do.

I just feel that those seeking tours like the very thorough Old Town Trolley or individualized tours might find that neither extreme is quite what Evergreen does. I wouldn't disuade someone though - any knowledge is good and the time isn't wasted.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

My girlfriend and I booked a full-day tour with EverGreeen Escapes Portland to Mt. St. Helens. They seem to be a small tour company but they sure do their best to give their customers the best possible experience. They are not cheap but the tour was most definitely worth it.
The evening before the tour we got two messages at our hotel, first confirming the pickup time at the hotel next morning and then the tour guide (Laurence) himself called us to give some general info on what to bring and what to leave at the hotel (e.g. bring some extra layers, no flip-flops, don't worry about food - we got you covered). It's these simple things that give you a good feeling.
Next morning, we were picked up at our Downtown hotel. The whole tour consisted only of four guests (we and another couple) and our tour guide, who drove the car and gave us insightful and entertaining commentary throughout the day. We visited the Ape cave (a long lave tube) and Mt. St. Helens and did a little hike on the Hummoks trail as well in the afternoon. Everything was perfectly organized and we always felt in good hands until we were delivered right in front of our hotel 12 hours later.
Some more details to show that they look after their customers: after the Ape Cave, we had some freshly made tea and home-made scones. On the way to Mt. St. Helens we stopped and were invited to espresso and coffee. For lunch, we got a self-made salad with chicken with local wine. And they try to keep their footprint low (e.g. no disposable water bottles or dishes). Also, at first we were surprised that we were only four paying guests but we were told that this was actually quite average (they even do tours with only one or two customers).
All together, this was a great tour and a great nature experience for us. Laurence was a great guide, knowledgeable and very likeable.
In case we visit the Pacific Northwest in the future, we would love to take another tour with Evergreen Escapes. Highly recommended

3  Thank Cuddle_Monkey