“Fabulous food!”

Ranked #324 of 4,343 Restaurants in Portland
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 12th
Transit: Bus routes 70 and 4 stop right in front, the 9 is three blocks South.
San Francisco, California
“Fabulous food!”
Reviewed January 11, 2014

We try to dine at Portobello whenever we are visiting family in Portland. The food is always delicious--non-vegans love it as well--and the service is great. Be sure to make reservations because this is a very popular spot.

• Visited August 2013

Honolulu
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Beautiful”
Reviewed November 30, 2013

What an amazing experience! Feel like being impressed? Check it out. Feel like impressing a date? Definitely check it out! The entire experience was a joy and I can't wait to dine here again. Reservations highly recommended.

Visited October 2013
NYC
“Excellent!”
Reviewed November 14, 2013

Really good food. Definitely one of the most professional vegan restaurants I've been to. I had the gnocchi, which were absolutely great. Everyone does "cashew cream" now, but this one was quite good with many layers of flavor. The gnocchi could never be identified as vegan. The were little pillows of goodness. My wife had the pizza, which was pizza, but with a truly excellent crust and our dining companion had the celery root ravioli with walnut sauce. It made me really happy to see such care and attention paid every dish and the restaurant in general. The service was also professional, with my sever going out of her way to inquire of the chef about an unusual allergy I have (no allium), and returned with an annotated menu of possible offerings.

For dessert we had the salted caramel sundae and the tiramisu. Grrrrreeeaaat. Coconut whip cream was fantastic on the sundae, toasted pine nuts were a great touch and the tiramisu cake was perfect. I would definitely go back.

I don't live in Portland, unfortunately, but I wish we had something of this quality in NYC. We don't. There is definitely a chef in this kitchen that takes pride and care in their work. This is the standard that vegan restaurants should be aspiring to.

• Visited November 2013
Hawaii
“Our third visit was the best”
Reviewed October 3, 2013

We have always enjoyed the imaginative menu and delicious vegan cuisine, along with an adequate wine list. On our first two visits, though, we experienced the slow service and sometimes uninterested staff that has been the subject of complaints by others. Not on this visit, though. The food was just as great as ever. In addition, the maitre d' was friendly and seated us promptly and the server was very friendly, took care of us promptly, and was appropriately attentive throughout our meal. The two non-vegans in our party of three enjoyed their meals as has been the case in the past. I highly recommend Portobello and hope that they continue to maintain the high standards that we experienced.

• Visited October 2013
Laguna Beach, California
“Fantastic vegan cuisine”
Reviewed October 1, 2013

Our group of 10 tried this restaurant and we were pleased with all of the dishes. The beet tartare was incredible, as was the cheese plate, pizza, and lasagna. Your non-vegan friends will be pleasantly surprised. Thanks for an incredible meal!

• Visited September 2013