“You need to get on this tour”

Forktown Food Tours
Ranked #6 of 95 Food & Drink in Portland
More attraction details
Owner description: Join us on our guided, culinary walking tours and taste your way through some of Portland's most delicious neighborhoods from fine dining to food carts. Friendly guides make it fun, sharing stories of local culture and history, while you sample some of the best food in town. On all of our tours, we make 6-7 stops featuring casual eateries, higher end restaurants, a food cart, an educational stop, and a dessert location that reflect the way we eat in Portland. On tour, you may sample local craft beer, seasonal small plates, cocktails, tiny artisan cookies, micro-batch coffee, food cart goodness, and more, made with the ingredients & creativity that Oregon is famous for. You'll get the stories behind the tastes with your expert culinary guide. We offer tours in three of the city's greatest neighborhoods! Alphabet District Tour: Friday afternoons. Mississippi Ave Tour: Saturday & Sunday afternoons. Downtown & The Pearl District Tour, Thursday and Saturday afternoons. Our tour schedule varies seasonally, so please check our website for more details and to buy tickets!
Reviewed June 1, 2014

So while on a road trip, my husband, 17 year old sister in law and I all decided to head up to Portland for 24 hours. We went onto Forktown's Food Tours website to book a tour but saw that only two spots were left. I called the company and the owner, (amazing lady by the way) made room for one more.

This made our day in Portland. The tour was so fun and yummy! I enjoyed every stop along the tour. It was literally one of the best parts of our day. If we were in Portland for longer, we would take every tour with this company and for the amount of food that you get, it is very reasonably priced. There is a reason this tour is the number #1 activity on Trip Advisor. It deserves it and more.

Highly recommended. In fact, if I come to Portland again, I will do another tour.

Jessica and Hei... F, Manager at Forktown Food Tours, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2014

Wow! Thanks so much for your review! We are so happy to hear you had such a positive experience on your tour as well as with Heidi before your tour. It is always our goal to make sure people not only have fun but feel like they are taken care of throughout the entire process. Glad that we had the chance to make your time in Portland extra special and we do hope to see you again next time you are in town!

All reviews
in 8 reviews
"an excellent guide"
in 9 reviews

Reviewed June 1, 2014

Kelsey was a wonderful tour guide and we thoroughly enjoyed our tour of Downtown and the Pearl District. We would recommend this tour to any and all. Our only suggestion is that you only take a bite or two of everything that is offered. Trust me, I am 50 lbs overweight on a good day and love to eat. But after only having eaten breakfast that morning, I could not eat or drink another thing for the rest of the day. We actually took our dessert from the last stop with us and my husband ate it the next day on the plane.

1  Thank difish
Jessica and Hei... F, Manager at Forktown Food Tours, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2014

Thank you for your review! I am happy to hear you enjoyed the experience so much. There is quite a bit of food to eat on tour, and I am glad to hear you were full. We try to offer enough food to fill up a variety of appetites. I thoroughly enjoyed having both you and your husband with me on tour, and we would love to host you again if you ever find yourselves back in Portland.

Reviewed May 26, 2014

My friend and I signed up for the North Mississippi Ave tour. It was on a Thursday afternoon (2-5pm), and there was another couple on the tour with us. We had purposely skipped lunch that day because we have been told there will be plenty of food. Boy was there enough food!!!! We were so full after the tour that we skipped dinner that night as well.
Our guide was very knowledgeable and gave a great presentation on the area and its history. In addition to the restaurants on the tour, she was able to give us lots of tips on other restaurants, coffee shops, and other attractions. I will definitely take another forktown food tour when I return to Portland.

Jessica and Hei... F, Guest Relations Manager at Forktown Food Tours, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2014

Thank you so much for your kind review! Glad to hear that you and your friend were nice and full, as it is a goal of ours to make sure you get enough food to satiate your palate. We are always happy to help provide other recommendations of what to do while you are in town. I hope you got to try some of them out! It is great that you enjoyed the food as well as the history of the area. N Mississippi Ave has a very interesting story that would be a shame not to share.

See you on another one of our tours next time you are in town!

Reviewed May 19, 2014

A friend and I took our second Forktown Food Tour on May 3rd. Laura was our guide for the North Mississippi Avenue tour and she was fantastic. We had a fun afternoon discovering culinary delights at 7 unique establishments; Mee Sen Thai Eatery, Gabagool, Little Big Burger, Sidecar 11, Koi Fusion, The Meadow, and Ruby Jewel. Be sure to bring your appetite. I highly recommend Forktown Food Tours and I plan to be a return customer again.

Jessica and Hei... F, Manager at Forktown Food Tours, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2014

Cheers to you for the lovely review! It was wonderful to get to host you and your friend on another Forktown tour. So happy you enjoyed your guide and to hear she made your experience enjoyable. Thank you for the high recommendation and we look forward to the next opportunity to bring you on another one of our tours!

See more reviews
Reviewed May 16, 2014

This tour was ranked #1 of Portland events and it's easy to see (well, taste) why! Our knowledgeable guide was entertaining and informative as we received a dose of Portland culture with each stop along the tour. As another reviewer mentioned, this is not a "tasting" tour: be prepared to eat, not nibble. The food was a delicious assortment of the best of Portland's iconic foodie scene including everything from food trucks to organic beef burgers with truffle fries and from Asian/Mexican fusion to fiddlehead ferns with faro. An easy stroll, this tour is a definite "must" on any discerning traveler's list of Portland activities.

Thank you so much for your rave review! We are happy we hit the mark on being an "eating" not a "tasting" tour. I had so much fun leading you ladies around N Mississippi, and I am glad to hear you enjoyed the variety of food. It is great to know you consider us a must-do! If you ever make it back to Portland, we would love to host you again on another one of our tours around Portland!