“Amazing Staff and Food - tons of fun and information”

Forktown Food Tours
$89.00*
Portland's Division Street Food Tour
Ranked #3 of 85 Food & Drink in Portland
More attraction details
Owner description: Join us on our guided, culinary walking tours and taste your way through some of Portland's most delicious neighborhoods from fine dining to food carts. Friendly guides make it fun, sharing stories of local culture and history, while you sample some of the best food in town. On all of our tours, we make 6-7 stops featuring casual eateries, higher end restaurants, a food cart, an educational stop, and a dessert location that reflect the way we eat in Portland. On tour, you may sample local craft beer, seasonal small plates, cocktails, tiny artisan cookies, micro-batch coffee, food cart goodness, and more, made with the ingredients & creativity that Oregon is famous for. You'll get the stories behind the tastes with your expert culinary guide. We offer tours in three of the city's greatest neighborhoods! Alphabet District Tour: Friday afternoons. Mississippi Ave Tour: Saturday & Sunday afternoons. Downtown & The Pearl District Tour, Thursday and Saturday afternoons. Our tour schedule varies seasonally, so please check our website for more details and to buy tickets!
Reviewed March 18, 2014

My family and I went on the alphabet district tour over Christmas. Kelsey was our guide. Super friendly and informative. So much FUN! Thanks for everything.

There are newer reviews for Forktown Food Tours

Reviewed March 9, 2014

As an enthusiastic eater interested in local food economies, I expected to enjoy myself on my Forktown Food Tour during my visit to Portland. What could be better than three hours of wandering around a funky city neighborhood, being guided to the best tastes?

But I was truly surprised and impressed by the excellence of our tour. Our friendly and funny guide, Kelsey, led us to seven fantastic food spots around Mississippi Avenue in NE Portland. She gave us a flavor of the history of the city and told us about the current happenings in the neighborhood as we walked and ate. There were only 8 people on my tour, which made it comfortable and personal, with plenty of time to ask questions. Everything was well-organized and ran smoothly and on time. They happily accommodated me as a vegetarian (I noted my dietary preferences when I registered).

And, let me tell you, they are not joking when they say this is an eating tour, not a tasting tour. I had to pocket my veggie burger from Little Big Burger for later so that I would have stomach space for the second half of the tour! All of the food was delicious and different--a well-crafted variety of stops.

I only wish I lived closer to Portland so that I could sign up for the other tours! I am confident that any tour Forktown offers would be a hit with tourists and locals alike.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

I got the Mississippi food tour for Christmas - what a great present! My husband and I had a wonderful time. One of the best things I have done in PDX.

Reviewed February 22, 2014

Wonderful tour! We are from PDX, and really enjoyed our day! Nice combo of visits to food carts and restaurants. Great variety of foods and drinks; savory, sweets, wine, beer, cocktails and hot chocolate treat. Pace was relaxed and enjoyable. Winner!

Reviewed February 19, 2014

When we signed up for Forktown Food Tours’ afternoon in Portland’s Alphabet District (a.k.a. “Slabtown,” a.k.a. the “Trendy-third” neighborhood), I never dreamed I’d come away saying the high point of the tour for me was a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.

We met Heidi outside Besaw’s, a restaurant that began life as a Slabtown saloon in 1903.
First up? A green salad, studded with dried cranberry and carrot, paired with pear reduction mimosas -- a nice, light start.

After this treat, my heart sank a little when Heidi told us we were headed to a Jewish deli for Ruben sandwiches. Now, don’t get me wrong — on a food tour, I’m up for pretty much anything. But in the land of sandwiches, Rubens have got to be my least favorite. When someone says “Ruben sandwich!” I invariably think of soggy rye bread sopped in kraut juice and dry pastrami.

I couldn’t have been more wrong! In fact, Kenny and Zuke’s deli served up one of the most amazing bites — a Ruben featuring homemade bread, succulent “beef plate” (think pork belly, but from a cow), just enough mild sour kraut to give the sandwich some bite, and creamy dressing.

After this, we hit a delightful French bakery for chouquettes (little balls of baked dough sporting crystals of sugar and salt), a distillery for samples of the local spirits, a local bakery specializing in tiny cookies, and Wildwood, for a cup of brilliant French onion soup and a slice of pizza.

But my favorite stop? The grilled PB&J from PBJ's Grilled.

Now, before you think I’ve gone off my rocker, let me clarify: the folks in this food cart aren’t smearing some Jif and Welch’s on Wonderbread and chasing it around on a greasy grill. No. Instead, on a foundation of hand-crafted local bread, they’re adding orange marmalade, sirracha hot sauce, fresh basil, curry, and homemade peanut butter to produce masterpieces like the Spicy Thai PB&J. These sandwiches have to be tried to be believed.

Heidi made a great host, and it's clear she's loved and respected by every owner we met at every stop. She has that insider angle that you can't fake … and her pride in the places she introduces you to really shines through. Recommended!

1  Thank MadeByMark