“Forktown Food Tour a Must-Do in Portland”

Forktown Food Tours
Book In Advance
More Info
$89.00*
and up
Downtown Portland Tour
Ranked #3 of 78 Food & Drink in Portland
More attraction details
Owner description: Join us on our guided, culinary walking tours and taste your way through some of Portland's most delicious neighborhoods from fine dining to food carts. Friendly guides make it fun, sharing stories of local culture and history, while you sample some of the best food in town. On all of our tours, we make 6-7 stops featuring casual eateries, higher end restaurants, a food cart, an educational stop, and a dessert location that reflect the way we eat in Portland. On tour, you may sample local craft beer, seasonal small plates, cocktails, tiny artisan cookies, micro-batch coffee, food cart goodness, and more, made with the ingredients & creativity that Oregon is famous for. You'll get the stories behind the tastes with your expert culinary guide. We offer tours in three of the city's greatest neighborhoods! Alphabet District Tour: Friday afternoons. Mississippi Ave Tour: Saturday & Sunday afternoons. Downtown & The Pearl District Tour, Thursday and Saturday afternoons. Our tour schedule varies seasonally, so please check our website for more details and to buy tickets!
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
“Forktown Food Tour a Must-Do in Portland”
Reviewed November 25, 2013

My Forktown Food Tour experience was awesome! This was my first trip to Portland and I found it to be a great way to experience and learn about the city. Kelsey, our tour guide, was extremely knowledgeable. In fact, I'm pretty sure she knows EVERYTHING about the food scene in Portland and Oregon in general. I really appreciated her deep knowledge. Each stop on the tour was unique and delicious. I will definitely recommend this tour to anyone traveling to the Portland area. Thank you!!

Castlegar, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Mississippi tour”
Reviewed November 23, 2013

My wife and I spent this past weekend in Portland taking advantage of 2 food walking tours by Forktown tours. On Saturday we took the Downtown and Pearl District tours. Sunday the North Mississippi Ave tour. I am 57 and my wife 55. We found both tours to be both history and culinary in design. We have done food walking tours in San Francisco and Seattle. We both felt that Kelsey, our tour guide, did a fantastic job in both her presentation, as well as looking after the dietary requirements of the group. My wife does not eat pork or beef and Kelsey, the restaurants and the food carts had delicious and unique substitutes for her. This impressed us very much. As we are non alcohol drinkers, they also had mocktails, and other drinks including home made root beer. Kelsey is a 6th generation Oregonian and she is passionate about her city and state. Portland is so clean and walkable. The transit is so good we flew into Portland and stayed at an airport hotel. We rode the train each day into and all around Portland so no car was necessary. I want to highly recommend these tours from Forktown. Next food walking tour….New Orleans!

2 Thank searstech
Stockton, California
“Couldn't ask for a better 1st time taking a food tour”
Reviewed November 16, 2013

Forktown Food Tour, down Mississippi Avenue was the best first time food tour experience. The tour guide was so friendly and informative. Food was delicious at every single stop we took. I was worried that I would get too full and would not be able to experience each location but the tour was planned so well planned that I did not have that problem. Portions were good and I liked how we made stops at other locations around the neighborhood to space out the meals. I would highly recommend this to tour to anyone! Great idea for a birthday, anniversary, or just because! Definitely going to take another tour with this company again! -Over joyed!

Vancouver, Canada
“Mississippi Tour”
Reviewed November 13, 2013

Fantastic tour. A combination of good food and local history made this a very enjoyable afternoon. The tour guide was very helpful, and extremely knowledgable. The food choices came from a variety of foods appealing to all tastes. A good selection of savory, sweet, hot and cold items were tasted (and a good amount as well) Highly recommended

Schoolcraft, Michigan
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Alphabet Tour-A must do!”
Reviewed November 13, 2013

One of the best things about Portland is the food. We were lucky enough to have the tour given to us as a gift and it was simply the highlight of our trip out there. Kelsey was amazing! Not only was she extremely knowledgeable about the area, but she was great fun and made the tour very interesting. The food was outstanding at every stop! So glad we had the chance to check out the Portland food scene with this awesome tour. This is a must do if you are in the area and you will not be disappointed. Great fun, great food, great service!