“A more than just a regular tour.”

Forktown Food Tours
$89.00*
Portland's Division Street Food Tour
Ranked #2 of 86 Food & Drink in Portland
More attraction details
Owner description: Join us on our guided, culinary walking tours and taste your way through some of Portland's most delicious neighborhoods from fine dining to food carts. Friendly guides make it fun, sharing stories of local culture and history, while you sample some of the best food in town. On all of our tours, we make 6-7 stops featuring casual eateries, higher end restaurants, a food cart, an educational stop, and a dessert location that reflect the way we eat in Portland. On tour, you may sample local craft beer, seasonal small plates, cocktails, tiny artisan cookies, micro-batch coffee, food cart goodness, and more, made with the ingredients & creativity that Oregon is famous for. You'll get the stories behind the tastes with your expert culinary guide. We offer tours in three of the city's greatest neighborhoods! Alphabet District Tour: Friday afternoons. Mississippi Ave Tour: Saturday & Sunday afternoons. Downtown & The Pearl District Tour, Thursday and Saturday afternoons. Our tour schedule varies seasonally, so please check our website for more details and to buy tickets!
Reviewed June 2, 2012

I've travelled all over the world. The first thing I do in a location is take a nice tour then spend the rest of my time exploring by myself and going to events. For our trip to Portland, I wasn't sure how much we'd get out of a general tour. Decided to look at trip advisor and see if there were any interesting tours and there was... Forktown Tours.

From the first call they were great. All booked up but would see what they could do. They found us a guide that had just returned the night before from Italy. Even though it was just two of us and they don't do tours that small, they made an exception. Our guide pushed through her jetlag and gave us an amazing tour. We got the history of the city over delicious little meals up and down Mississippi Ave. It was the perfect alternate to a general tour.

Our guide/co-owner was knowledgable, sweet, and accommodating and the employees and managers of the restaurants we visited were charming and gracious.

The Forktown tour is a must.

*One warning. Do not eat before because you'll want the room for every bite offered.

1  Thank ABlackMansWorldTrip

Reviewed May 21, 2012

This was my first trip to Portland. I wanted to go there for the tax-free shopping but other than that, I did not quite know what to expect. We signed up for the Forktown Food Tour because what could be better than learning about the history of the city while wining and dining at every stop? It is the first time I've visited a city where the food was so fresh and fantastic and I would give anything to have a particular dish again. I think Oregonians have mastered the craft of balancing the sweet with the savory with the addition of a little spicy kick or an added smokey component. The flavors dance in your mouth but the spices never overpower the incredible seasonable produce that arrive on your plate straight from the local farms. All the vendors believe in creating the best food in small batches as opposed to mass production where quality is sacrificed for quantity. You will not be disappointed on this tour and you will encounter the unexpected at each stop. Our guide was very personable and knowledgeable. The food was amazing! You will not go hungry on this tour.

1  Thank HulaMeow
Reviewed May 21, 2012

Working in the hospitality industry for many years, finding something new and exciting to recommend is always a pleasure. This is it! Not only was the variety of venues experienced very well planned, the content was outstanding. Who knew about "finishing salts".....Knowledgeable guides gave a good insight to not only one section of Portland, but about the whole area. My fellow adventurers were from a variety of destinations and a rapport is easily established, so going solo does not mean being solo on this tour! Highly recommend, but don't plan on eating before or after, you are well fed during the tour. Outstanding!

1  Thank Michael K
Reviewed May 12, 2012

Despite visiting many cities as a tourist over the years I had never done a food tour before. Today's tour has convinced me that food tours are the best way to see a city, learning about the places locals would eat and drink rather than just taking a map and visiting generic tourist venues. The guides were friendly and very informative and the tour included lots of information about the city of Portland itself. The food provided on the tour was absolutely excellent, I consider myself a bit of a foodie and every stop was delicious, different and thoughtfully selected. By the end of the tour I was also very full! Overall I couldn't recommend this tour enough.

1  Thank Catherine F
Reviewed May 9, 2012

We took this tour just last weekend, and I can not say enough good things about Jessica (our tour guide) and the tour itself.

This is the second time my wife and I have joined Forktown for a Food Tour. Our first time was back in December of 2010 on her North side Portland tour. We had a fantastic time on that tour and found ourselves revisiting several of the same spots we were introduced to on that tour on this vacation to Portland (i.e. do not pass up a chance to visit Pix Pasterrie).

And once again, Forktown wowed us. We joined Jessica on the Alphabet District tour this time around. There was so much good food that we went back the following day for seconds at two of the locations we visited that day.

We also got a chance to enjoy a great glass of seasonally prepared rhubarb champagne, some very hoppy and delicious IPA beer, and a couple of mini shots at a distillery. How awesome is that?

Jessica is a great tour guide as well. She was able to provide us with loads of information about all the food we were eating, while mixing in a bit of the history of Portland and the district. As we walked from destination to destination, she also noted additional dining opportunities and some unique buildings and/or historical landmarks.

I don't think I could say enough about how much we enjoyed this tour. But hopefully this review gives you all a sense of my excitement for this tour. I'm sure the next time we are in Portland we will find ourselves back on at least one of Forktown's Food Tours (it changes every season, that's what is so great about Portland).

1  Thank George M