“Food and walking like you're with your personal friends”

Forktown Food Tours
$89.00*
Portland's Division Street Food Tour
Ranked #3 of 85 Food & Drink in Portland
More attraction details
Owner description: Join us on our guided, culinary walking tours and taste your way through some of Portland's most delicious neighborhoods from fine dining to food carts. Friendly guides make it fun, sharing stories of local culture and history, while you sample some of the best food in town. On all of our tours, we make 6-7 stops featuring casual eateries, higher end restaurants, a food cart, an educational stop, and a dessert location that reflect the way we eat in Portland. On tour, you may sample local craft beer, seasonal small plates, cocktails, tiny artisan cookies, micro-batch coffee, food cart goodness, and more, made with the ingredients & creativity that Oregon is famous for. You'll get the stories behind the tastes with your expert culinary guide. We offer tours in three of the city's greatest neighborhoods! Alphabet District Tour: Friday afternoons. Mississippi Ave Tour: Saturday & Sunday afternoons. Downtown & The Pearl District Tour, Thursday and Saturday afternoons. Our tour schedule varies seasonally, so please check our website for more details and to buy tickets!
Reviewed May 3, 2011

Thanks to Heidi and Jessica, our lovely tour guides, for providing facts and fun about the food cart world of Portland on the two food cart tours I went on, and for all the owners who took the time to step out of their cart to talk about their cartpreneurship challenges and victories. I think my stomach might need a rest from another day of multi-hour sampling, but I would recommend any of their food tours to any visitors of Portland or those who live in Portland and want to explore lots of little bites and learn about food culture- be it the food cart culture like these tours, or neighborhoods. Forktown Tours covers the Alphabet District (Northwest 23rd area I think, which is more trendy) and North Portland (Alberta/Miss neighbohoodish which is more artsy) areas on walking tours on Thurs and Sat. Heidi and Jessica were very gracious, knowledgeable, and thoughtful- making sure everyone gets a sample, that we were hydrated and always gathered around to hear the food owner, making sure we had napkins and forks and wet naps and carrying Tums just in case. It is obvious they love food, love Portland, love spreading that love as if you were their own friend visiting them from out of town. Check them out!

1  Thank FoodieGirl_VeganBoy
There are newer reviews for Forktown Food Tours

Reviewed January 17, 2011

On Saturday, January 15, 2010 I had the delightful opportunity to experience Portland in a wonderful food excursion. The weather was dark and raining heavily. The owner of the company Jessica was pure sunshine; she has a passion for great food and Portland. The food was incredible: beginning with Oregon Pinot Noir Wine and local cheeses at Pasta Works, to meatball sandwiches from Garden State (food cart) to Lompoc Beer (delicious), to incredible Mexican taco’s that made your mouth water. We tasted macaroons from Pix Patisserie; the taste sensation was beyond heavenly. Just as the chill of the weather was beginning to set in Jessica ushered us into a delightful coffee spot, Mr. Green Beans. What an amazing experience, the owner demonstrated the art of good coffee making, the aromas and flavours of the coffee were heavenly. I would rate this tour a 10 out of 10 it was an incredible experience and I was pleased to meet Jessica and have the opportunity to taste Portland’s amazing food. Brenda Wainwright (Vancouver, BC)

2  Thank BWVancouver
Reviewed January 15, 2011

My husband and I loved our time on the food tour. We ate and drank really well and learned alot about the portland food scene. Jessica was friendly and also very adaptable by making adjustments to the menu to account for my pescatarian dietary restrictions. The french macaroon we had and the ice cream were simply the best! If you love to eat and like to explore a city in a unique way, this tour is perfect for you.

2  Thank honeymooners18
Reviewed January 1, 2011

Loved this tour. Jessica and Miranda take care of you well during this 3-hour food tour. We were just visiting Portland and we wanted to get a flavor of the culinary offerings in the city and this was a fantastic way to do it. You will be given a nice touch of Portland history, the "garden-to-table" movement, and samplings of everything from local vegetables to pastries to fine roasted coffee and cappucino.

Reviewed October 25, 2010

My husband and I booked this event for our trip to Portland; and would do it again. Forktown Food Tours interesting and lighthearted. Jessica was knowledgeable and interesting to chat with. We enjoyed the interaction to the business owner, and the food was great. Would recommend this to anyone traveling to Portland!