“Great drinks and food”
Review of Cabezon Restaurant

Cabezon Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Cabezon Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #40 of 4,272 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: NE Sandy Blvd.
California
“Great drinks and food”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I was reluctant to order cioppino, which was my father's specialty which he learned to cook in San Francisco during World War 1. However, I did order it and I can say it was the best I have eaten since the last time he cooked it in 1970. To my delight it was absolutely authentic and wonderful. I loved this restaurant, the staff, the decorations, the bar and the whole experience.

Visited March 2013

Portland, OR
“Relatively undiscovered, but my guess is that is changing”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

I picked this restaurant this based on online reviews (TA and others) since I was looking to branch out a bit from our usual list of eatery's. I was a bit skeptical based on the location which is an area best known for the Reinlander, banks and gas stations (OK we live on the west side of PDX); my wife was even more skeptical since she had not seen the reviews. It was very easy to find, and not that hard to find parking in the nearby residential neighborhood this abuts to. We were quickly seated, and settled in with a bottle of Walla Walla cab. Ordered the basil wrapped shrimp to start, shared the Halibut special and steak. My wife ordered the steak, but was delivered the fish, and was very hesitant to share any of my choice with me (it was that good). It was pretty busy when we were seated (7:30), but had thinned out by time we left. Looks like you should try soon before it gets "discovered". Bill was not too bad even with the wine, and we both had a great experience and dinner. We will be back.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank OriginalMurph
“Fresh seafood at its best”
Reviewed March 9, 2013 via mobile

Small, nice and modern looking place. Food is great, the seafood ciopino was delicious, wine selection is extensive and service is excellent. Seafood here is a most!

1 Thank mi v
Portland, Oregon
“The pasta or the fish? Why not both?”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

The papardelle with ragu hits the spot. When I wasn't sneaking a bite off of the others' dishes, I was contending with a very enjoyable filo, feta and spinach tart with a serving of nicely prepared cod. The servings were deceiving, appearing to be too little at first and promising to be exactly the right portion for each in our party. The dining room was warm (a luxury in Portland during the winter months) and the service was very cordial and prompt. Wine pairings complemented each of our entrees perfectly. We were very pleased with this selection and will return. Also, the chef checked on us, which I really appreciated. He's a cool guy.

• Visited January 2013
Portland Oregon
“Nice neighborhood seafood place”
Reviewed February 21, 2013

Our group had a great meal at this seafood orientated place. The service was good and the wine selection better. It should also be noted thay have good lamb and steak entrees. The only down side was the appetizer selection and the parking can be challenging in that neighborhood.

• Visited February 2013