“A perfect little gem, great food, service and atmosphere”
Review of Cabezon Restaurant

Cabezon Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Cabezon Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #52 of 4,400 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: NE Sandy Blvd.
Reviewed February 22, 2012

What a delightful surprise! We absolutely loved this little restaurant in Northeast Portland. The food was innovative, flavorful, healthy, fresh, and beautifully presented. The service was attentive, personal, and thorough. The atmosphere ... well, I could just move in. Our 8-y-o daughter loved the restaurant so much she wanted to eat there every meal afterwards.

Reviewed January 30, 2012

The food was fantastic but the service was out of this world. My husband and I ate here after reading an article in the NY Times and are so thankful that we did. Our server was so kind and attentive, we were happy to give a 50% tip. I don't know what they put in the water in Portland, but we've never had better service in any other town.

1  Thank Sarah R
Reviewed January 24, 2012

Very, very good food and excellent service. For a family get-together we made a meal of a variety of appetizers, all of which were served in decent portions (not the one or two bites some places give you). Several of us agreed that the mussels were the tenderest and tastiest we'd ever eaten.

Extensive list of good to great Oregon and Washington wines, but we would have been happy with a lower priced house wine of slightly lower quality.

It's a smallish restaurant with decent ambience, family friendly yet also suitable for a romantic couples dinner. The type of place that makes Portland famous for its number and quality of dining options.

1  Thank gkvaughn
Reviewed January 14, 2012

I LOVE THIS RESTARUANT! I love mussels. I thought the best I have ever had was in Belgium but I was wrong. These are the best....BEST! I tasted my friend's order of monkfish...AMAZING. We went there for dinner on the recommendation of the best cioppino in Portland. One of us ordered it and it was indeed, fantastic....but the mussels...OMG. They are served like in Brussels, with French fries but so much better. The fries are wonderful, the broth has chorizo and beans so don't waste it. For dessert we got three different ones and all were wonderful but the house made Makers Mark ice cream with the profitorole was beyond description. WOW!

Reviewed January 8, 2012

The food at Cabezon is consistently excellent thanks to David and his great team. Try the blinis that are topped with creme fraiche, tiny chives,& fresh seasonal fish (my fav is the trout roe); the basil wrapped shrimp, and be sure to order what is special that day- you can't miss. For dessert: I'm not a chocolate fan, but we get the chocolate pot de creme every time and devour it. Not too sweet, but creamy and decadent with a bit of fresh whipped cream. Perfect balance. The honey lavender creme broulee is fabulous too.

The service is outstanding. Jackie has put together a thoughtful wine list that and has great recommendations that are spot on every time. Aric is an incredible server with vast knowledge of the food, who willingly shares what you need to know or might be curious about. Dana and Jill are tops. Their service is impeccable. There when you need them, welcoming, warm, and contributing to a great dining experience.

The space is intimate, sexy, warm and inviting. Jackie's cool art graces the walls, the tables are close but not too close to one another, even the bathroom has some really nice touches- like the salmon sink. I wouldn't hesitate to, and do bring clients, family, and friends to dinner here. Cabezon is a restaurant that Portland has been waiting for!

1  Thank SelectiveTraveler99

Been to Cabezon Restaurant? Share your experiences!