“So Cool”

Teardrop Lounge
Ranked #5 of 95 Coffee & Tea in Portland
Cuisines: American
Neighborhood: Pearl
Description: An excellent cocktail lounge whose Mixologist uses scientific precision to craft traditional as well as signature cocktails in Portland's trendy Pearl District. There are a variety of different (top secret) tinctures used in each cocktail, and the lounge is intimate, modern and one of the hippest venues in Portland.
Wisconsin
“So Cool”
Reviewed January 26, 2013

Wow.....cool cocktail lounge! My husband and I stopped for happy hour and enjoyed the drinks as much as the people watching. The drink menu was incredible. I wanted everything....it was difficult to pick just a few drinks! The bartenders spent so much time preparing each cocktail. Each drink we had was a treat. Savored and enjoyed.

Visited August 2012

Surrey, Canada
“It will forever change your opinion of cocktails”
Reviewed January 3, 2013

This place is great! The attention to detail is what sets this place apart. It has a personality. That might be the personality of obsession with perfection. Seeing how perfectly arranged the bar is and how meticulous the staff is when making a drink is a real pleasure. Teardrop lounge truly elevates making a drink to an art form. It was wonderful and impressive to watch. Serving up both modern and classic cocktails. And by classic I mean I tried some killer cocktails that I had never heard that are about 80 years old. Well done! Had the enjoyment of visiting twice in our two day visit. Both times the music and atmosphere where bang on. They do have food but we did not have the pleasure of eating here. Next time I will. Go enjoy a cocktail. It will forever change your opinion of just how a cocktail should be served.

• Visited November 2012
Houston, Texas
“Give them a couple of hints and they'll make an incredible concoction”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

I think many are too intimidated to go here despite them having the best drinks in the western part of the US. I too was preoccupied as I do not know any drink by name. But I simply told him I want a drink with hint of fruit and a hint of spice with no gin. And he made an INCREDIBLE drink. Easy. I will definitely go back every time I visit Portland. You'll pay about a tenner for a drink but well worth it!Awesome drinks, swanky atmosphere, hot girls..............

• Visited August 2012
Portland, Oregon
“You thought you knew cocktails...”
Reviewed July 12, 2012

...and then you came here. Their menu comes with a glossary, but don't be intimidated. These are nice folks who can listen to what you like and point you in the right direction. In the 3 times I've been, they have never steered me wrong! This is the mixed drink spot even your whiskey-drinking friends will love.

• Visited March 2012
3 Thank E P
Lake Oswego, Oregon
“Excellent, original cocktails”
Reviewed June 12, 2012

They do have a small bar menu, which I'm sure is good - but let's face it - you come here for the cocktails. The bartenders and staff have made some amazing concoctions and are willing to help you pick one. Worth the price. Will go back again soon. Great ice cubes, too.

• Visited June 2012

Been to Teardrop Lounge? Share your experiences!