Sandes of Time Bed & Breakfast
Country Inn
$179
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 32% below average rates

The price you found is 32% lower than this hotel's average rate of $263/night.

$220
Kimpton
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of $258/night.

$178
$161
EmbassySuites.com
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Savings alert! 26% below average rates

The price you found is 26% lower than this hotel's average rate of $219/night.

$164
$100
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of $131/night.

$170
Sentinel(Portland)
$206
$139
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of $167/night.

Dossier Hotel(Portland)
$180
$150
$169
$144
Savings alert! 29% below average rates

The price you found is 29% lower than this hotel's average rate of $202/night.

All reviewsbed and breakfastgreat hostseach morninghome theaterprivate retreata wonderful stayother guestswould definitely stay here againterryfireplacevictorianaccommodationsmicrowave
Reviewed August 26, 2012

My husband and I came to Portland for a couple of days. We decided to stay at the Sandes by the reviews found here. You will not be disappointed in the accomodations or the city. What made this perfect was the beautiful room and the terrfic hosts. We were made to feel welcome in their home. Terry made delicious breakfasts. We left with the best memories and look forward to coming back one day.

Stayed: August 2012
2  Thank Shirley S
Reviewed August 21, 2012

Beautiful setting, gracious hosts, spotlessly clean, awesome movie room in the basement, generous amenities including wine and the popcorn, great for jogging on the nearby bike-trail, a relaxing and comfortable stay after long, hot days touring Portland! We watched hummingbirds bathing in the fountain each morning, and ate elegant breakfasts where we met interesting travelers.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Robin E
Reviewed August 11, 2012

This place was wonderful. It was very clean, charmingly decorated and was hosted by to incredibly nice people. You are a 15+ drive away from downtown - but, if you don't mind that, this is perfect! Normally someone who likes to be in the thick of the city, this was actually perfectly set apart. Nice and quiet. The grounds are also impeccably maintained. This is a great place to stay and I highly recommend it.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cbboston
Reviewed August 2, 2012

Our family of four (2 adults, 2 kids) stayed here in July 2012 for a quick weekend road trip to the Portland area. It was everything we were looking for and more. We stayed in "The Secret Garden" suite. Our teenage girls absolutely adored and thoroughly enjoyed the privacy of their own bedroom, complete with two twin beds, fireplace, desk and TV. Our room had all the same amenities and the bathroom that we shared with them was pleasantly sized. Everything was super clean, the beds were very comfy, and the windows provided beautiful light and views. The decor was impeccable and lovingly put together - not one detail was spared. Even the toilet paper has cute hearts imprinted on it and there are rose-scented toiletries placed as mini-gift baskets in there as well. The clawfoot tub was gorgeous and comfortable and made me really want to have one in our little apartment back home ;) They had two window air conditioners (one for each room) and of course free wi-fi and cable TV. It was around 80 degrees outside while we there and as long we kept the a/c units running, we were plenty cool inside. The grounds are beautiful and tranquil. The entire home is super welcoming and beautifully decorated. We met two of the guest innkeepers and they were very sweet. Their breakfast was scrumptious, dare I say the best waffles we've ever eaten. They also provide yummy lemon and chocolate cupcakes in the evening and there's plenty of freshly-brewed coffee, tea, and water all day and night. I would highly recommend Sandes of Time B&B to families, a romantic weekend getaway, a ladies retreat, or just some self R&R. The surrounding neighborhoods are quaint, but this property is set up on a hill, so you really do feel like you've escaped city living. The nearby shopping and restaurants definitely leave something to be desired, so be prepared to drive about 15 minutes to downtown Portland for more unique dining and shopping experiences.

Room Tip: If you're traveling with three or more, we highly recommend "The Garden Suite;" it's absolutely delightful, functional, and roomy.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank SheShootsPhotography
Reviewed June 25, 2012

My, oh my, what a place! I happened to stumble upon Sandes of Time while planning my latest trip to visit my son. So sorry I hadn't found this earlier; what a treat. I've stayed at many B&B's, and this is top-notch. It's beautifully decorated and inviting...the overstuffed furniture, the porch swings, fireplaces, the gorgeous landscaping. They've taken great care to attend to every little detail. I was quite content, between visits with my son, to soak in the quiet and beauty of the home and read, walk around the property, listen to music...ahhhhhh, so relaxing. As much as I'd love to have the kids at home during the holidays, I'm secretly hoping to 'have' to plan another trip around Christmas to enjoy what is sure to be a beautiful holiday setting. Thank you for a truly wonderful weekend.

Room Tip: Although I'd wanted the Spring Garden Room, I was very happy with the Summer Garden Room. Very comfortable and filled with light as it is a corner suite.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family