“Love this place”

Cuisines: Barbecue, Contemporary, Pub
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 23, 2014

My son and I ( both kitchen pro's) just went here again last nite. It is our go to place to enjoy small plates done extremely well. The Charcuterie board is superb, the oysters tiny and succulent, the lobster dumplings sweet and devine! My son loves the steak tartar and I the chocolate mousse. Oh and they serve sweet heavy cream with their coffee( I don't mean sweet as in added sugar). Will return again and again!

There are newer reviews for Branch Whiskey Bar

Reviewed June 3, 2014 via mobile

'Dismissive & pretentious' attitude sums it up nicely.

Do the math.

On a street with dozens of friendly options

1  Thank r s
Reviewed March 28, 2014

We went back to Branch for dining month. Gotta say this was one of the best places we tried. The salad was amazing. Great start to the dinner. We ordered the lobster and truffle pot pie. It melted in your mouth. The "crust" was like a popover, soft, warm and very eggy (is that a word) ahhhh who cares as it was so good. Dessert was fun and original. The chocolate sphere was so tasty and the froth made the dish.....we also tried the garlicky kale, olives and wrapped dates from the regular menu. All very tasty. Loved the balance on the kale. Garlic didn't overwhelm and cooked to perfection. The whiskey selection is huge. Loved the bottles of water brought to the table in the old whiskey bottles. The place was packed, and there was only one waitstaff--this slowed things down a bit but not much. Fortunately 2 more staff people showed up and things really rocked. Great time, nice staff, super food!

Reviewed March 25, 2014

My husband and I found this restaurant on the Portland Dining Month list. The offerings looked good so we tried it. The items that we ate were not on the regular menu so when I rave about them be prepared not to see them unless you get there before PDM ends. We both started with a roasted pear and walnut salad which was very good. My entree was a lobster and black truffle pot pie with truffle-lobster cream, Parisian vegetables and mushrooms. My husband had the Delmonico steak. Both were excellent but, I liked my pot pie better. Dessert was a
Chocolate-cherry sphere with cocoa nibs and cherry-caramel froth. So good!! Neither of us are big whiskey, scotch, or bourbon drinkers and the drinks were not cheep so we passed on that but, they put bottles of water on your table (problem solved). I saw glasses of wine on another table so they do have that. The servers were very friendly and accommodating.

There were a couple of problems though. First - it took forever for the food to be served. It was at least 30 min before we saw the salad after ordering and another 10 - 15 min. after the salad dishes were removed before we saw the main course. There were no bread or crackers to nibble on while waiting. So don't go if you're famished or in a hurry. Second - the acousitics are awful. The sound level from the other diners and the music were so loud we had to yell at each other to have any conversation at all while there. My husband had a sore throat after we left.

Having said that I should tell you that the food was so good that we will try it again and see if we were just there on an off night. There were several items on the regular menu that looked good and we were the only table there that didn't have a bowl of duck fat fries on it. I'm assuming that they're really good and will be sure to try them next time.

Reviewed February 22, 2014

Fabulous selection of spirits, great environment, food, service. In short, I loved this place. We found this place through Living Social, would NEVER have found this place without the discount, and will definitely be returning. Perfect, a hidden gem!