“Fantastic Chef and Vibe!”
Review of Branch Whiskey Bar - CLOSED

Branch Whiskey Bar
Cuisines: Barbecue, Contemporary, Pub
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 11, 2013 via mobile

The Branch Whiskey Bar is fantastic! I may be biased because my long time friend, Noah, is the cook, but the food is excellent!!! The sauce in the shrimp apoetizer is so goid that we asked for extra bread just to soak it up. My main course was the steak cobb salad. It was beautiful and really well-made. We ended with a whiskey chocolate moose... Oh My Fantastic!! Cheers to the chef!

There are newer reviews for Branch Whiskey Bar

Reviewed January 30, 2013

I can't seem to get enough of the duck fat fries. The rest of the menu is really good too. Grilled romain and the hanger steak are my other favorites. And the happy hour menu is great. The salty chihuahua can't be beat!

Reviewed January 28, 2013

Went out with a group of six on a Saturday night. Didn't have a reservation for our group yet they were super accommodating. The bartender kept helping us move to a better location as tables opened up. Our group loved the Old Fashioneds and Side Cars and they had a great beer menu too. We started with the duck fat fries which were fantastic and enjoyed our entrees--truffle oil mac n cheese, burgers...everything was terrific. Wine pours were generous too. All around good atmosphere, staff and food.

Reviewed December 16, 2012

The whiskey selection and the cocktails are top notch. Happy hour has a great burger and fries. Go for the great food or for a night cap.

Reviewed November 29, 2012

A cold winter night, we walked into what looked like a saloon with a charm of it's own. The waiter was quit nice and very informative for bartending and waiting tables both. We asked for suggestions and he told us a little about each item on the menu and the menu changes each month. Tia and I had the braised Wild Boar, cooked with spicy peppers and a cream sauce with Polenta, it tasted fabulous, very rich. When it first arrived I thought what is this, there were no hunks of pork, it was shredded in the cream sauce, but after one bite I was hooked. Paul had the braised Veal Cheeks and the sauce was delicious, meat very tender and the cauliflower au graten was great. Steve had the burger, which was good but the bacon was too smoked (over powered the burger) and the duck fat fries were over cooked. We've had duck fat fries before at a french restaurant and they were the best fries we'd ever had but these were off the mark.
Give them a try and ask the server what they like, a good restaurant will let the employees try their food. I think they have an excellent chef with great ideas. Keep the menu small and make it the Best. Another great place on Alberta Street.