“good food if you ever get served”
Review of Petisco

Petisco
Ranked #302 of 4,593 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed July 20, 2012

We ate at this place several months ago and had a great experience. The food was good and the prices not bad at all. The place is small and very charming.
Stopped in this week for dinner and waited an hour - never got our food. The menu is small and we didn't make any substitutions. The waitress was nice enough and ended up comping our glass of wine when we said we had to leave- but we never were told why our meals never came out. other tables came and went during the hour that we sat there. The chef never said a word to us either...weird experience for sure.

1  Thank jillandamy

Reviewed May 10, 2012

Echoing the others, a small, rustic hole in the wall for those who want a quality meal using quality ingredients at a reasonable price. I got the Angry Sicilian - sounded like it could turn out to be hot or spicy, but was actually quite flavorful and not overwhelming at all. Salad and dressing was great, but maybe could use something to beef it up a little (e.g. almonds or craisins, etc). And wanted to end dinner with something sweet, so also went with a coffee and the house-made chocolate lava cake, served with ice cream and chocolate sauce. The outdoor seating didn't hurt either.

Reviewed February 6, 2012

Melt in your mouth food and the service is wonderful..great price for all..

Reviewed February 4, 2012

I looked up Petisco in a French/English dictionary and all it said was "Delicious"! I was with a couple of clients yesterday and ordered my favorite sandwich in the western world, The Angry Sicilian. I opted for the soup of the day instead of the side salad. It did not disappoint. It was a mushroom broth soup, not creamy. My Sicilian may have been angry when I broke the rules and turned him into a French Dip, using some of the mushroom soup as an a' jus. MMM. The etiquette police never came out and scolded me either. Our server was very polite and friendly, always filling my water glass when 1/3 full. I agree with capt1davey on the meatloaf. I almost ordered it but that was what I had last time and wanted some spicy adventure. I must return with my wife to experience Paella Night, a regular event that sounds like a blast.
I have never been disappointed in any way with this establishment and hope it stays around for a long, long time!

Reviewed February 3, 2012

True, the name sounds like a place to get dog treats, Fido should have it so good!
We eat lunch there every few months, and continue to be quite pleased. We've also had dinner a couple of times, ditto for pleased.
They are not strictly a meat restaurant, but if you are feeling carnivorous, try the meat loaf. Meat wrapped in meat, then stuffed with meat.
Small place, when full it's pleasantly noisy (unless you don't like chatter).

1  Thank capt1davey