“Lots of good things to try and a reasonable price”
Review of Petisco

Petisco
Ranked #353 of 4,292 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Chesapeake, VA
“Lots of good things to try and a reasonable price”
Reviewed May 10, 2012

Echoing the others, a small, rustic hole in the wall for those who want a quality meal using quality ingredients at a reasonable price. I got the Angry Sicilian - sounded like it could turn out to be hot or spicy, but was actually quite flavorful and not overwhelming at all. Salad and dressing was great, but maybe could use something to beef it up a little (e.g. almonds or craisins, etc). And wanted to end dinner with something sweet, so also went with a coffee and the house-made chocolate lava cake, served with ice cream and chocolate sauce. The outdoor seating didn't hurt either.

• Visited May 2012

Portland, Oregon
“You will love this place”
Reviewed February 6, 2012

Melt in your mouth food and the service is wonderful..great price for all..

Visited January 2012
Tigard, Oregon
“"Petisco" must mean "Delicious"...”
Reviewed February 4, 2012

I looked up Petisco in a French/English dictionary and all it said was "Delicious"! I was with a couple of clients yesterday and ordered my favorite sandwich in the western world, The Angry Sicilian. I opted for the soup of the day instead of the side salad. It did not disappoint. It was a mushroom broth soup, not creamy. My Sicilian may have been angry when I broke the rules and turned him into a French Dip, using some of the mushroom soup as an a' jus. MMM. The etiquette police never came out and scolded me either. Our server was very polite and friendly, always filling my water glass when 1/3 full. I agree with capt1davey on the meatloaf. I almost ordered it but that was what I had last time and wanted some spicy adventure. I must return with my wife to experience Paella Night, a regular event that sounds like a blast.
I have never been disappointed in any way with this establishment and hope it stays around for a long, long time!

• Visited February 2012
Portland, Oregon
“excellent food”
Reviewed February 3, 2012

True, the name sounds like a place to get dog treats, Fido should have it so good!
We eat lunch there every few months, and continue to be quite pleased. We've also had dinner a couple of times, ditto for pleased.
They are not strictly a meat restaurant, but if you are feeling carnivorous, try the meat loaf. Meat wrapped in meat, then stuffed with meat.
Small place, when full it's pleasantly noisy (unless you don't like chatter).

• Visited January 2012
1 Thank capt1davey
Seattle
“New favorite lunch spot in Paris -- make that Portland!”
Reviewed February 2, 2012

Petisco offers the total package -- fresh, delicious food, wine, great desserts at reasonable prices. With it's Parisian atmosphere, voilà! you've got a find.

I don't even like french onion soup, but Petisco's is divine -- complex, substantial broth. The kids went crazy over the especially delicious tomato soup. My husband and I enjoyed having a satisfying lunch with wine AND have happy kids. (Kids are 8 and 11).

Petisco is flexible.... we took the family for a Saturday lunch, but it could be a romantic evening for two. Also want to check out their paella family style dinners. Definitely makes a trip to Lloyd Center much more civilized!

• Visited November 2011