“Fantastic Peruvian Food”

Dining options: Reservations
Portland, Oregon
“Fantastic Peruvian Food”
Reviewed November 14, 2009

My husband and I ate dinner at Limo on a Saturday night and both of us were very impressed with the food. The atmosphere was cozy and quiet and the service very attentive. We shared the potato with three sauces appetizer, which was very yummy, although wasn't much in terms of quantity. I had the Aji de Gallina for dinner, except I substituted the chicken for shrimp. My husband had the pesto penne pasta with slices of steak on top. Both of our entrees were good-sized portions and were delicious. We will definitely go back to Limo for dinner again.

Flagstaff, Arizona
“Wonderful food & atmosphere”
Reviewed October 13, 2009

I ate at Limo in August when I was visiting Portland. The restaurant is located in trendy NW Portland, with both indoor and outdoor seating. The outdoor patio is charming and great for people watching, yet not so close to the street that you feel people are staring at your plates.

Peruvian food is a blend of many cultures. I ended up having three appetizers as a meal. The potatoes with three sauces was delectable, I believe the three sauces included a signature black mint sauce, something similar to pesto and a red sauce. I also had the lomitos - beef fried in a wrapper that made it similar in appearance to an egg roll but tasted nothing like an egg roll. The lomito was served with another fresh, home-made dipping sauce. I also had one of their several ceviches, which was excellent. The wine list was good too, with a huge emphasis on South American wines which go well with the cuisine.

For people who want to try something different, this is a great new restaurant; yet for those diners who are not so adventurous, the food is familiar and offers plenty of choices for a timid palate. Mainly, all the food is fresh, prepared on the premises, and the service is outstanding. You can't go wrong with Limo.

1 Thank Holly6685