“Quality, Friendly, Comfort” 5 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
“Quality, Friendly, Comfort”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2013

Muddy's was a refreshing meal after a couple misses. The old home converted into coffee house is cozy, welcoming and loaded with great art. The tables and chairs are what you would find at home and the rest of the decor matches the character so well. The food. Oh the food. A new spin on comfort food. Portions are massive. Service with a smile. Loved it, and can't say enough good about it!

• Visited August 2013

Vancouver, Canada
“Food and service in a lovely setting”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013

On a hot summers day a hungry family of 4 were warmly welcomed into the shaded garden to enjoy a casual lunch. The service was very friendly and low key and the food was fresh and tasty. There is also seating in the heritage house and they have wifi available.
We would return for sure.

• Visited July 2013
Lakewood, Ohio
“you can judge the quality of a breakfast by the quality of the coffee”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

For breakfast fans, this beats the usual chain restaurants by a long ways. you serve your own coffee, which I like because I get it right away and get as much as I need. The food served to me and my son was delicious. It's in a older home in a busy area and has lots of charm

• Visited March 2013
Seattle, Washington, United States
“Perfect Breakfasts! Perfect little house! Recommended by another restaurant!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2012

If you overdo my eggs or make the edges brown you definitely get on my bad side. Muddy's kept me on the sunny side. My eggs were perfect, lightly scrambled with a little sauteed fresh baby spinach, just the right amount of melted cheese, and caramelized onions (it was the daily special) and I had a great latte on the side. My oh my, I was in heaven. I went with my daughter (perfect Breakfast Burrito) and grand daughter 2 1/2 yrs old (scrambled eggs and lox), they were super happy too and loved it and they both know good food. The staff were lovely personality kids; the place reminded me of The Roadhouse in Wilmington, VT in the 70's - mismatched tables and chairs, a lot of charm and a bit of funk, and good fresh food and baked goods. The folks at Gravy sent us there because there was a line waiting at that restaurant (which I hear is super too and will visit in the future); and we are ever grateful they did. I'll go to Muddy's for breakfast all day every time I'm in Portland, which is often. My mother would have tut-tutted at the crumbs, etc. that were left on the table we were seated at (the only reason service didn't get an excellent rating from me, plus they were a tad slow, but made up for it) but, oh well, nobody's perfect. That's what I tell her anyway :) Otherwise Muddy's gets and A for breakfast, the best meal of the day. PS it's on historic Mississippi Ave. Not to be missed when you are in Portland.

• Visited August 2012
Kunming, China
“Great for breakfast; kids love it!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2012

Just good food, good coffee, nice people who like their jobs and are satisfied to see you eating good food and drinking good coffee! I always went super early with the kids and we were often the first ones there. This is my favorite street in Portland for shops and restaurants, and Muddy's is great!

Visited June 2012

Been to Muddy's Coffeehouse? Share your experiences!