“6th street location just as good”
Review of Bunk Sandwiches

Bunk Sandwiches
Ranked #326 of 4,270 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout
Salem, Oregon
“6th street location just as good”
Reviewed November 6, 2013

I was downtown meeting a friend for a quick business tete a tete and we met in Bunks at lunch time. The inside is very tight, but we grabbed two seats at the counter next to the window and had our own private little cell in the midst of the steady run of customers. It is always a good sign when a tiny place is packed with people ordering, waiting for their orders, and engaging in friendly banter. I was not disappointed. Out of the long list of delicious sounding sandwiches I tried the meatball parmesan hero. It was a real treat. The bread was exactly the right Italian roll, the meatballs were just the right combination of texture and herbs, the red sauce was delicious and the cheese was just the right kind of gooey and drippy. The chips were better than average, though mine were mostly broken up, like they had been at the bottom of the pile.

My friend had the tomato soup and seemed happy with it.

• Visited November 2013

Petaluma, California
“Just Do It!”
Reviewed September 27, 2013

After hopping of the street car we peaked in and someone sitting outside said, "just do it, you're going to love it". Ordered the meatball sandwich as a snack for two of us. It was hot, cheesy, spicy, messy and YUMMY. Based on the conversations going on around, it seems they have a lot of repeat customers that they know by name. Most of the choices run around $8.00 with a small bag of chips, which tasted homemade maybe?? Great value, well made and very friendly.

Visited September 2013
Seattle, Washington
“No frills, just tasty food”
Reviewed September 19, 2013 via mobile

Tried this humble place and enjoyed it. My wife had the pork belly Cuban, I had the BLT with a small tomato basil soup. The service was friendly and super fast. I added a beer - Immortal IPA : ). The Cuban was good - great ingredients nicely prepared. The BLT and soup were very good - great umami combination.

• Visited September 2013
Lake Oswego, Oregon
“First Class Sandwiches!!!”
Reviewed September 10, 2013

I had read reviews and was excited for my first visit to Bunk. I was not disappointed......I had the Roast Beef with Caramelized Onions and Potato Salad......nothing fancy.....just a great sandwich!!!!

Speedy service and I will be back. Not a cheap sandwich but worth it!!!

• Visited September 2013
New Jersey
“Very good”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

I had read a bunch of reviews stating this place made awesome sandwiches. Once I saw they made a cuban I was sold. Stopped in on a Sunday. Place was pretty empty. I'm guessing during the week it's packed. There's not a ton of seating. I think there's more outside then inside. Again, I was there on a weekend and had no problem getting a seat. Ordered the Cuban. Friendly staff. Sandwich was very good. Everything was just right the way it's supposed to be.

• Visited August 2013