“Great Hole in the Wall”
Review of Bunk Sandwiches

Bunk Sandwiches
Ranked #269 of 4,385 Restaurants in Portland
Reviewed June 1, 2013

If you weren't going here already, this is not necessarily a place you might stop, and if you walk past this shop, you're missing out. The shop is small, with only a few tables, but it's clean and the Pork Belly Cubano sandwich is fantastic.

Reviewed May 20, 2013

How lucky are we that we found this hidden gem?? The Pork Cuban was divine. Best sandwich I've had in years!

1  Thank Jodi T
Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

I visited this joint because it was right across my hotel. I was surprised at how good the sandwich was, but it could be because i was hungry. The place is small but usually these hole-in-the-wall types attract my attention. Glad I went there and as I am writing this I am contemplating getting one to-go for my ride to the airport.... Even after a full lunch meal.

1  Thank KingmanP
Reviewed May 17, 2013

Fantastic.....cool.....trendy and mighty fine sandwiches. I highly recommend the Pork Belly Cuban which literally melts in your mouth. Crunchy mind blowing bread and out of this world pork belly with all the fixings makes for one of THE best sandwiches ever. These guys started out with a cart introducing their sandwiches by a cart and they were so popular they had to open up a shop. Excellent food with sandwiches in the $9-10 range,

1  Thank cujoetta
Reviewed May 6, 2013

Alas, all good things must end. Bunk Sandwiches and Bunk Bar were, for a time, a necessary stop on the tour of Portland's extraordinary food offerings. The sandwiches today, though still containing creative combinations of commodities and condiments, are slapped together, inconsistent instruments of carelessness. The part of the sandwich that resides between the bread is much more meager than it was and usually favors being glopped on at one end. The breads are frequently over toasted and at times, seem suspiciously molecularly altered either by staleness or by microwave. The ratio of bread to filling is wrong and discouraging. I think twice about going here to spend 9 bucks on a sandwich. Dare I say, a Jimmy Johns in the neighborhood would be an encouraged alternative and I do not say that with any pleasure. Bunk is broken but not irreparably. It may be suffering from a lack of managerial attention and love.

1  Thank UnBuenTipo