“Great Cheap Breakfast”
Review of The Waffle Window

The Waffle Window
Ranked #97 of 4,404 Restaurants in Portland
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Description: We are: Portland style Liege sugar waffles handmade for you using local and seasonal ingredients and set in a fun and whimsical atmosphere.From a bacon brie and basil waffle to a huckleberry jam with lemon panna cotta waffle, you just never know what you might find!
Reviewed February 21, 2014

The Waffle Window would be easy to miss, half ablock down a side street from the entrance to Bread and Ink Cafe. There were three of us and we tried different waffles and shared. All were excellent, especially considering the price. The Alberta is a waffle with bacon on syrup, three B's has basil, brie and bacon while the ham and cheese offers a choice of cheeses. I chose gruyere.
There is a small eating are inside if the weathers bad and a covered outdoor picnic style area also. We went in January and were happy to sit inside.

For a few dollars this place offers a filling meal of excellent food and a unique experience.

Reviewed February 7, 2014 via mobile

Don't remember the last time i stood in line and ordered thru a window, but i sucked it up and went along. Well worth it. We ordered about six different waffles and every one was delicious. Waffles like i have never seen prepared or tasted before. No hype just great food at an affordable price. Well done Portland!

Reviewed February 6, 2014 via mobile

The restaurant is owned by the wife & daughter of Bread & Ink Cafe. I ate inside. There's a small area in B&I for Waffle Window. It was a little tight for space, but the waffle was amazing. I tried the Winter Blossom with clementine, fiori di Sicilia mousse, orange curd & raspberry-kiwi garnish. Amazing! Also got a side of their organic fried eggs & bacon. Latte was okay, not bad, not great. The owner of B&I took my order. He's super nice. He did mess up my bill & they brought me 2 sides of eggs, but he quickly fixed it & gave me the $ back. Very happy with the food! This is exactly what I have come to love & expect in Portland food when I visit.

Reviewed February 2, 2014

The food was just too good! I loved it! The waffles themselves are amazing and the toppings are creative and amazingly tasty. It was cold so we wanted indoor seating which is really limited. However, usually at places with limited seating patrons are considerate; they sit, eat, then leave. Here, there were annoying teens that took their time and even took up seats after they were finished eating. There was another table of 2 young teens on a date that were talking so much that they were not even eating! It was really frustrating haha It would be nice to have signage or maybe have employees come out and let patrons like this know that there are others waiting to sit and eat.

Reviewed January 24, 2014 via mobile

Best waffles ever. Great price. Also tremendous bacon!!!!!!!!!!! There is limited in door seating though. But worth taking with you. No syrup needed

1  Thank KoryArmstrong