“Wonderful Waffles (and Bacon)”
Review of The Waffle Window

The Waffle Window
Ranked #8 of 126 Dessert in Portland
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Description: We are: Portland style Liege sugar waffles handmade for you using local and seasonal ingredients and set in a fun and whimsical atmosphere.From a bacon brie and basil waffle to a huckleberry jam with lemon panna cotta waffle, you just never know what you might find!
Madison, Alabama
“Wonderful Waffles (and Bacon)”
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Went to the Waffle Window on a Friday afternoon and enjoyed a fantastic lunch of waffles with bacon. This may have been best tasting waffle I've ever eaten - light and fluffy and perfectly cooked. The service was friendly. It was a little to chilly to eat outside so we appreciated the small indoor eating area (located inside the restaurant at the front of the building).

Visited July 2013

SIERRA MADRE
“better than I expected!”
Reviewed July 19, 2013

This was on my list of places to try on my first visit to Portland. I was torn between two waffle spots so it was going to depend on timing with my busy schedule and where I ended up hungry. After three days of eating everything in Portland, I already felt like I had gained 10 lbs. and had given up on the waffle notion. My last day in the city, by chance I was stopping back near Hawthorne and hungry, and the Waffle Window seemed to have a tractor beam on me. I got the special waffle of the day, which had fresh peaches in a lavender syrup, lemon panna cotta and whipped cream. It was heavenly. I'm glad I gave Waffle Window a try!

Visited July 2013
Maryville, Tennessee
“I wish we didn't go here last!”
Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

After eating our way through Portland this was our last stop so we were really full. We shared the peanut butter and chocolate waffle and it was yummy. I wish had room in our stomachs to try others.

• Visited July 2013
Southern NJ
“Waffles a la Portland”
Reviewed July 12, 2013

When my daughter suggested the Waffle Window on my last visit here, I knew she picked it for my wife, a serious waffle lover. I'm sort of ambivalent towards the everyday waffle, so I chose what I thought was the most exotic waffle, the jalapeno/cheese. These are some serious waffles, and this is such a classic Portland place; mom and pop spot, take something ordinary and spin it, people milling around with no discernable line that I had to laugh. Where I live, this place wouldn't last a week. In Portland it's a top 10 tripadvisor restaurant. Oddly enough, I have no problem with it. This beautiful mess tends to linger in your brain and you find a way to make "one last stop" before you head out on your plane east. I haven't had a bad waffle here yet, and I usually order the craziest thing on the menu.

• Visited October 2012
Seattle, Washington
“Would definitly go back!”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Has a great variety of savory and sweet waffles..I loved the jalapeno/cheese and the farm veg waffles. We also got a couple of sweet ones, nutella/banana which was delicious! Would recommend this place.

• Visited July 2013