“Excellent Choice For Portland Airport”

Hyatt Place Portland Airport / Cascade Station
Ranked #32 of 144 Hotels in Portland
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed July 22, 2014

This is the second time I've stayed at this Hyatt and like the first time it offers a very clean and well appointed room that is just minutes from the airport. This hotel offers large rooms with a couch and a very comfortable bed. The linens and towels are great and the location is convenient for a 6:00am flight to New York. The wifi was very good as well ....

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Ryan H, General Manager at Hyatt Place Portland Airport / Cascade Station, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2014

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor and we appreciate your continued loyalty. I'm glad that your stay was comfortable and convenient. We look forward to seeing you during your next trip to Portland!

Reviewed July 15, 2014

We arrived extremely late after our plane to Portland was delayed three hours. But the staff was great and got us in our room promptly. Breakfast was great every morning, and even though we had jets flying over the building, we never heard a peep while inside. If you're looking for a convenient location near the airport, this hotel is a can't miss.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Ryan H, General Manager at Hyatt Place Portland Airport / Cascade Station, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2014

Thank you for reviewing us on TripAdvisor and I'm glad my staff was able to check you in as quickly and efficiently as possible. We hope that you think of us again the next time you are in Portland. Thanks again!

Reviewed July 13, 2014

Perfect hotel near airport, free airport shuttle. Easy, Simple, and VERY clean!!!! 5 minutes away from airport, check in was easy and quick. Complementary breakfast was good with a lot of choices. Fitness center was small but functional and adequate. I did not use the pool but others did and seem to have fun. This hotel requires a 2 night minimum however they do not change you a penalty for leaving early. Thank you! I only needed a night night stay. Great location to the MAX Train, a quick walk down the street. $5.00 and I was downtown. Right on the red line. Great experience! If I come back to Portland Hyatt Place will be my choice.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Nicole A

I'm so glad that our hotel was conveniently located for you and that your stay was "perfect!" I will share your comments regarding the cleanliness with my housekeeping staff as they love to hear compliments. Thank you so much for reviewing us on TripAdvisor and we look forward to seeing you again during your next trip to Portland!

Reviewed July 12, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for the first time in December, simply because the hotel I had regularly stayed in Portland had been full. As I had a great experience then, I went back to the hotel again in March and stayed longer. The advantage of this hotel is its location. A few minutes from PDX airport with their shuttle as well as a tram (2 stops). It is adjacent to a big outlet mall with lots of shopping and dining options. The tram (MAX) will take you to downtown Portland in less than half an hour. As a matter of fact, I have 'commuted' to Oregon convention center for three days on the tram, and was able to save a lot, by NOT staying at expensive downtown hotels.

The facility is somewhat average for Hyatt Place brand, however, this hotel is distinctive from many others for its high quality staff. They are efficient and friendly, and willing to help the guests. One of the minor problems is that, in some rooms, the noise from the air-conditioners get so loud. Nevertheless, it does not stop making me think this property as my first choice in Portland next time.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank PaddingtonTokyo

I am thrilled to read that we are now your preferred hotel when you travel to Portland and I'm also glad that you were able to take advantage of using the MAX train due to its close proximity to the hotel. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Portland! Thank you so much for the review!

Reviewed July 10, 2014

We stayed here overnight after a late arriving plane. 24-hour shuttle was a great help, especially as I have limited mobility. The hotel staff went out of their way to accommodate me by using their shuttle to take me to an off-airport car rental location. This was unexpected, and appreciated as I have limited mobility. The hotel is clean and nice, and as expected for a Hyatt Place.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Ryan H, General Manager at Hyatt Place Portland Airport / Cascade Station, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2014

It is great to hear that my staff was able to go above and beyond as customer service is our top goal. We hope to see you again the next time you are in Portland. Thank you so much for your review of the Hyatt Place Portland Airport on TripAdvisor!

Reviewed July 8, 2014

Recently stayed here and found the location to be perfect. Close to airport, with free shuttle service, and 2 short blocks from mass transit train station. The property was well maintained and walking distance to several restaurants. They offered a great complimentary breakfast and nightly happy hour. The staff was friendly and knowledgable. They offered great advice on activities and restaurants. Highly satisfied and highly recommended!!!

• Stayed: July 2014
Ryan H, General Manager at Hyatt Place Portland Airport / Cascade Station, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2014

I am so glad that my knowledgeable staff was able to give you some good recommendations while you were in Portland. There is so much to do here that you may need a second trip! We look forward to seeing you again and thanks for the review!

Reviewed July 5, 2014

Stayed here for 3 nights last weekend while in PDX for shopping and concert going. Great location. MAX line is a short walk away - which takes you pretty much anywhere you want to go in the city. Restaurants and shopping are across the street and around the hotel. As requested, our room was on the 4th floor in the rear of the hotel facing the back parking lot. Room was very large. Planes do fly right over the south side of the property as they approach the south PDX runway...but we thought it was cool to see the planes coming in so low, right over our heads!

As some other reviewers have mentioned, the continental breakfast does change from day to day, which can be dissappointing - one day you've got scrambled eggs, sausage & pancakes...and the next day you're looking at some mediocre breakfast sandwich. The 24/7 order up room service, which you have to pickup in the lobby, was pretty good.

Overall, very pleased with the property and service. Would definitely consider staying here again on our next trip to PDX.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Suisse19

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for reviewing us on TripAdvisor. We have found that families, especially ones with young children, really do enjoy watching the planes fly overhead without disrupting their sleep by use of our quadruple-paned windows. Hopefully you were able to see the fighters jets too, the kids really love those (me too).
On weekends we do offer the "Hyatt High Velocity Breakfast" due to our increased family occupancy. We do this to ensure that all guests can visit the guest kitchen efficiently without having to wait too long to receive their food. Monday through Friday we offer the "Hyatt Skillet Breakfast" which does consist of a variety of freshly made breakfast sandwiches. Please visit our website to learn more about our food offerings.
Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Portland!