“Family of 5 Fully Satisfied”

Hyatt Place Portland Airport / Cascade Station
Ranked #32 of 144 Hotels in Portland
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed March 30, 2014

We had the opportunity to book a couple of rooms at this property for spring break (week of Mar. 24th) for our family of 5 (teens and adults). I had booked initially with a combination of points and paid reservations and subsequently changed that due to some early departure. From dealing with the Hyatt reservations contact on changes, to the young ladies at the front desk, I found the service excellent. We even had a bit of a mix-up on one of our rooms checked out early and the one room we continued to stay in and the staff handled that with much grace and did not make a big deal about correcting our bill before checking out. I enjoyed the workout room, breakfast and amenities of this property. I will be hard pressed to stay anywhere else in PDX on any future trips.

Thanks for the great stay.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank RS L
Timothy D, Assistant General Manager at Hyatt Place Portland Airport / Cascade Station, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2014

Dear RS L:

Thank you so much for taking the time to review Hyatt Place Portland on TripAdvisor. It is wonderful to hear that your family found your stay to be so comfortable. I do apologize for the mix-up but am thrilled that our front desk was able to address and correct any issues. We look forward to your next visit!

timothy.donnell@hyatt.com

Write a ReviewReviews (1,044)

Reviewed March 16, 2014

I stayed at the Portland Airport/Cascade recently on business. The stay was for 2 nights. Overall the stay was excellent. The staff was extremely friendly. I think everyone I ran into greeted me. I had a king room which was actually two nice size rooms. There was a nice 40+ inch flat screen, a sofa I would actually sit on, a sink area and a nice work area. Wifi and parking were both free. The hotel is very close to the airport and offers a free shuttle to and from the airport. They have a very nice complimentary breakfast bar with all the basics plus fresh hot breakfast sandwiches and pancakes. The hotel had USA Today and the Wall Street journal for you to enjoy at no charge. They also have a happy hour for 5-7 with beers and wines at $3 and their basic apps also at $3. Across the street is a strip mall with several dining options and across the side street is a wild wings and IHOP. The only knock maybe that the sofa and chairs were a little dated but still very comfortable. The light rail is also close by. Overall an excellent business stay.

Room Tip: I was on the second floor and it was very quiet.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Ryan H, General Manager at Hyatt Place Portland Airport / Cascade Station, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2014

Hello and thank you for reviewing thet Hyatt Place Portland Airport on TripAdvisor! We actually just started our Happy Hour last week so I am glad that you were able to enjoy that new feature. Cascade Station, the shopping center that we are located within, will be adding two more restaurants shortly, a Chipotle Mexican Grill and a ParkStone Wood Kitchen. We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Portland!

Reviewed March 15, 2014

My family an I have stayed at the Hyatt Place in Portland a few times. Every stay has been perfect. We have absolutely no complaints. The hotel is very clean. The staff is very nice and hospitable. The continental breakfast is great. This is the only hotel we'll stay in when visiting Portland.

• Stayed: March 2014

Thank you so much for reviewing us on TripAdvisor! I am so happy to hear that your multiple stays with us have been "perfect." That beautiful Portland weather is right around the corner and we look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed March 10, 2014

This hotel has all of the things that I seek being a frequent traveler. Location is the best, close spots to eat very near by. Well insulated walls for a peaceful nights sleep. Plenty of space in the suite so you don't feel cramped. Extra friendly staff & awesome breakfast to start the day off on the right foot. I have a few stays booked moths in advance.....See you guys again soon.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank MS3rd
Timothy D, Assistant General Manager at Hyatt Place Portland Airport / Cascade Station, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2014

Dear Malachi S,
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us here at Hyatt Place Portland on TripAdvisor! It is always such a compliment when we see regular faces in our lobby and read such positive comments. We look forward to your next visit with us and hopefully I will have an opportunity to say, hello!

Thank you for rating Hyatt Place Portland on TripAdvisor!

Reviewed February 24, 2014

Had a fantastic stay here for a weekend. Pretty close to Downtown Portland in terms of driving distance. The room was very spacious and nice. I would highly recommend and will be visiting again if I am in Portland.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Timothy D, Assistant General Manager at Hyatt Place Portland Airport / Cascade Station, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2014

Hello K_Chan90:

Thank you for taking time to review Hyatt Place Portland on TripAdvisor. I am happy to hear that your stay was fantastic and I look forward to having you back next time.

Have a great week!

Timothy Donnell

Reviewed February 19, 2014

We recently stayed at the Hyatt Cascades airport location. This was just a quick weekend get away from Washington for my son’s school competition. The staff at this Hyatt blew me away, they all had amazing customer service and they were so friendly, but Rachel was outstanding at her job, she was very welcoming, well informed and she made our visit feel like a vacation. I think Rachel could teach a course on amazing customer service. Other high lights were your hotel is dog friendly, you had a great expanded breakfast, 24 hour food/beverage, the indoor pool was warm and the room sizes were a great size all while being close to shopping, dining, the airport. We will be returning!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Timothy D, Assistant General Manager at Hyatt Place Portland Airport / Cascade Station, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2014

Dear Melissa B:

Wow! Thank you so much for your outstanding review of Hyatt Place Portland! I will definitely share your kind words with Rachel and make sure she is recognized for her service. In addition, one of the first comments I usually hear from guests is that they enjoy our hot skillet breakfast so I am thrilled that you are among them! It is very flattering to hear that you will be back and we look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed February 18, 2014

This is our third stay at the Hyatt Place. Our return stay speaks to our positive experiences in the past. Can't beat this location; its 3 minutes from the airport. Parking is abundant and free. Cascades Station directly across the hotel (lots of shopping). Easy access to the interstate. Lobby and food service area is clean and attractive. Two computers/printer available for guest use in the lobby. Breakfast buffet included with your stay. Nice food options - hot entrees too. Room is clean. Mini refrigerator, coffee maker, safe, flat screen TV, alarm clock, and iron/board in the room. I like the spacious room with a sitting area separate from the 2 full size beds. Used the exercise equipment once - really appreciated that the equipment even had ear buds to listen to music or watch TV while you exercise. Indoor pool is also available. My only disappointment is the unsupervised children and teens running in the hallways during the night = making sleep somewhat disruptive - I did not see any presence of security. Overall, its a very good hotel to stay.

Room Tip: Convenient rooms near elevator; rooms facing Cascade Parkway offers interesting view of shopping are...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank HawaiiAndi

HawaiiAndi,
Thank you for taking the time to review Hyatt Place Portland on TripAdvisor! It is great to hear of return customers and I am pleased that your stay was so enjoyable! I do apologize about the disruptions you experienced due to noise from other guests. We seldom hear of instances where teens/children are unattended and, when we do, we absolutely do address it. Please feel free to contact the front desk if we may be of any assistance on your next visit.

Thanks again!