“Amazing customer service, Hyatt is the way to go”

Hyatt Place Portland Airport / Cascade Station
Ranked #30 of 142 Hotels in Portland
GreenLeadersSilver level
Fort Lewis, Washington, United States
“Amazing customer service, Hyatt is the way to go”
Reviewed February 19, 2014

We recently stayed at the Hyatt Cascades airport location. This was just a quick weekend get away from Washington for my son’s school competition. The staff at this Hyatt blew me away, they all had amazing customer service and they were so friendly, but Rachel was outstanding at her job, she was very welcoming, well informed and she made our visit feel like a vacation. I think Rachel could teach a course on amazing customer service. Other high lights were your hotel is dog friendly, you had a great expanded breakfast, 24 hour food/beverage, the indoor pool was warm and the room sizes were a great size all while being close to shopping, dining, the airport. We will be returning!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Timothy D, Assistant General Manager at Hyatt Place Portland Airport / Cascade Station, responded to this review, February 20, 2014
Dear Melissa B:

Wow! Thank you so much for your outstanding review of Hyatt Place Portland! I will definitely share your kind words with Rachel and make sure she is recognized for her service. In addition, one of the first comments I usually hear from guests is that they enjoy our hot skillet breakfast so I am thrilled that you are among them! It is very flattering to hear that you will be back and we look forward to your next visit!

timothy.donnell@hyatt.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Pearl City, Hawaii
Reviewed February 18, 2014

This is our third stay at the Hyatt Place. Our return stay speaks to our positive experiences in the past. Can't beat this location; its 3 minutes from the airport. Parking is abundant and free. Cascades Station directly across the hotel (lots of shopping). Easy access to the interstate. Lobby and food service area is clean and attractive. Two computers/printer available for guest use in the lobby. Breakfast buffet included with your stay. Nice food options - hot entrees too. Room is clean. Mini refrigerator, coffee maker, safe, flat screen TV, alarm clock, and iron/board in the room. I like the spacious room with a sitting area separate from the 2 full size beds. Used the exercise equipment once - really appreciated that the equipment even had ear buds to listen to music or watch TV while you exercise. Indoor pool is also available. My only disappointment is the unsupervised children and teens running in the hallways during the night = making sleep somewhat disruptive - I did not see any presence of security. Overall, its a very good hotel to stay.

Room Tip: Convenient rooms near elevator; rooms facing Cascade Parkway offers interesting view of shopping are...
1 Thank HawaiiAndi
HawaiiAndi,
Thank you for taking the time to review Hyatt Place Portland on TripAdvisor! It is great to hear of return customers and I am pleased that your stay was so enjoyable! I do apologize about the disruptions you experienced due to noise from other guests. We seldom hear of instances where teens/children are unattended and, when we do, we absolutely do address it. Please feel free to contact the front desk if we may be of any assistance on your next visit.

Thanks again!

Reviewed February 16, 2014

Travelers worst nightmare...long flight with hungry, tired children and the hotel tell you that "due to a computer glitch" your room was given away and there is no other availability despite having a confirmation number and the fact that we had paid for the room several months ago. I have stayed at this particular location on multiple occasions and other Hyatt Place hotels and have always been very satisfied up til now. The staff was at a loss for words..what could they say.. She offered to put us up at the "Shilo Inn"..which I refused..not even close to the same standard.. Courtyard by Marriot was full...Marriott Fairfield Inn had availability..She gave me a form that had been signed by the Hyatt Place Manager authorizing our stay at the Fairfield.. The fact that they had such a form that already had their managers name on it tells me that they must frequently need to use it. Anyway, get down to the Fairfield Inn and the guy tells me that Hyatt place should have explained to us that the only room he had had 2 double beds in it.. No they did not explain that. We loaded up and ended up driving about an hour towards home and found a decent Best Western to sleep in that I ended up paying for.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
7 Thank Famoffourtraveler
Timothy D, Assistant General Manager at Hyatt Place Portland Airport / Cascade Station, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
Dear Famoffourtraveler:
I apologize for the inconvenience you experienced on your recent trip to Portland. I certainly understand how this was a burden after a long day of traveling. I investigated why we would need to relocate a guest during the weekend and found that we had a room unexpectedly put out of order from Saturday through this morning. I am not sure why you were told a "computer glitch" caused this as our computer system does not delete reservations like that. I do apologize for the incorrect information that was provided upon your arrival and will address this with my team members that were working the desk on Saturday.

Unfortunately, it is true that we were sold out on Saturday and, due to the out of order room, did not have the king bed room you booked available. I am sorry to hear that the accommodations we arranged to pay for were not satisfactory; because this was an unforseen circumstance, we tried to find a hotel as close as possible to minimize your inconvenience. I do want to reassure you that we have contacted Expedia to refund your original reservation and you will not be charged.

Kaneohe, Hawaii
Reviewed February 15, 2014

All I can say is "excellent service" and very friendly staff. I love this place! It's close to the MAX, shops and eateries and just minutes away from the airport. Another good thing...you can get something to eat at any time!

Hello alohajuniors,
It is always such a treat when guests comment on our service and the friendliness of our staff. I believe that these are the core of hospitality and it is very flattering to receive your kind comments; I will surely share them with my team!

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about Hyatt Place Portland on TripAdvisor!

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed February 9, 2014

Kelly, Alyssa & Rachel were running at 110% capacity last night, handling wave after wave of displaced travelers & diners when the airlines cancelled flights & the nearby restaurants closed early. There was not a moment's respite for over 2 hours as they juggled the front desk, dining area & bar, kitchen orders, concierge/transportation services and watching the lobby. I had greater satisfaction watching them perform at an Olympic pace than watching the Olympic competitions! They deserve special accolades for so superlatively representing the Hyatt brand in the face of overwhelming numbers (& too many special orders... mojitos? gluten-free bread? really?) I'm here regularly for work so I'm familiar with the normal pace of operations in the evening. With twice the staff they would still have been slammed...but they never quit. Thanks, ladies!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Timothy D, Assistant General Manager at Hyatt Place Portland Airport / Cascade Station, responded to this review, February 13, 2014
Dear John M,
I will surely acknowledge Kellee, Rachel and Alyssa for their outstanding efforts and performance! It is truly delightful to hear appreciation for their maintaining order and composure during extreme conditions and I thank you for taking the time to recognize them, as, I am sure, will they!

In addition, thank you for your continued loyalty; it is always great to see familiar, regular faces in our Gallery and I hope to meet you during your next visit!

Thank you, again, for rating Hyatt Place Portland on TripAdvisor!

Chico, CA
Reviewed February 7, 2014

Place was very clean and is right by a large shopping center with lots of food options. Was just a few miles from the airport and had a free shuttle. Staff was very friendly and the room was comfortable. Would totally stay here again.

It's probably a better coming in and going hotel for the airport than seeing Portland.

I was disappointed in their late night food options. They were out of the flat bread pizzas.

1 Thank ctunnell
Dear ctunnell,
Thank you for rating Hyatt Place Portland on TripAdvisor and I want to apologize that we ran out of our flatbread pizzas during your stay. These items are my personal favorite and, apparently, others' as well if we ran out! I will make sure our Food & Beverage manager is aware that this happened so that we can be sure to offer you our full 24-hour Cafe' menu during your next visit.

I am pleased that your stay was otherwise enjoyable; we definitely appreciate your taking the time to share your experience with other travelers visiting Portland!

Duncan, South Carolina
Reviewed February 7, 2014

I spent two nights here prior to leaving Oregon. The Hyatt Place has an excellent location near the airport. It's very convenient to Cascade Station as well. The room was very nice and clean. It was larger than we expected with a couch / desk area in front and bed behind a small divider. The breakfast was also better than expected with some hot items to go along with the standard fare. I would recommend this as a place to start or end your visit to Oregon... or even as a base to explore Portland.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank mstiwin
mstiwin,
Thank you so much for taking the time to rate Hyatt Place Portland on TripAdvisor! Many guests find our location to be perfect not only for conferences and meetings but also leisure travel being that we have an excellent shopping experience at Cascade Station and are a short commute from downtown via the Max Light Rail. In fact, we proudly offer an "Explore Portland" package which includes two complimentary day-use Max Passes as well as maps of the area. I also appreciate you mentioning our spacious guest rooms as well as the tasty Skillet Breakfast offering!

Thank you, again, for your review, and we hope to have you back again soon!