“Only mildly depressing.”

GreenLeadersSilver level
New York City, New York
“Only mildly depressing.”
Reviewed September 12, 2013

It's not that this property is bad, it's just not that great. The carpets are dark and stained, the place feels a bit run down, the beds feel cheap and too soft and, lastly, the air conditioning is noisy and right next to the beds, at least in my room.
AND, the airport was pretty active late at night and early in the morning (4 am) and the hotel soundproofing wasn't so great.
I wouldn't stay there again unless there were no other airport choices.

Room Tip: I can't think of any tips. Maybe find another place to stay? If you have to stay here, make is...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Timothy D, Assistant General Manager at Hyatt Place Portland Airport / Cascade Station, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Dear andrewhmm:

I apologize that your stay was less than satisfactory and want to thank you for taking the time to share your review on TripAdvisor.

I will address your comments with my housekeeping and maintenance teams to correct these concerns. Unfortunately, the location of the A/C unit in our guestrooms is not something that we can overcome at this time; your feedback will be shared with the Hyatt brand to consider as they build new Hyatt Place properties.

Thank you, again! Please do not hesitate to contact me personally if you would like to discuss your experience further.

timothy.donnell@hyatt.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed September 6, 2013

Very nice, new hotel located really close to the airport. The staff was very friendly, the rooms were clean and big, and there was a nice breakfast with yummy food options. They had a great hot breakfast option complete with breakfast sandwiches! We would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank geochickmk
Dear geochickmk:

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us! I am happy to see that you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast sandwiches. They have proven to be a favorite among our guests! I will pass on your kind remarks to my breakfast crew.

Thank you, again, for rating Hyatt Place Portland on TripAdvisor!

Sandy, Oregon
Reviewed September 5, 2013

My family has stayed at the Hyatt Place Portland twice now. The rooms are large and very clean. The pool is clean and the water is warm enough for my boys to enjoy the play time. The complementary breakfast has a nice variety including fruit and some breakfast sandwiches fresh off the grill. The service and price were good. Overall a great place to stay! We will likely return next year.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Lisa C
Timothy D, Assistant General Manager at Hyatt Place Portland Airport / Cascade Station, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Dear Lisa C:
Thank you for your review. Our 24-hour pool does seem to be a family-favorite!

I am so happy that your family has been able to enjoy our property look forward to seeing you next year!

Reviewed September 4, 2013

Hyatt Place is always a great spot for consistent good service and a comfortable room. I have stayed here several times and always have found it to be reliable. They also have a shuttle so its easy to get there from the airport which is only a few moments away.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Hello Keith A:

My team will appreciate reading your kind review and I want to thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Hyatt Place Portland on TripAdvisor!

Offering fast and easy 24-hour shuttle serive is, I think, one of our best features. We look forward to your next visit!

Elyria, Ohio
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Nice open room layout with a handy fridge. The bed was very comfy and the staff was very pleasant. There is a 24/7 menu in the room, and though I didn't order food upon my late arrival, I was happy to know it was available. The Van to and from the airport was very reliable. I had a most enjoyable time at this property.

Room Tip: Ice is available on floors 2 and 4 (I happened to be on the 3rd)
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Hello robnshare and thank you for taking the time to share your experience about Hyatt Place Portland on TripAdvisor!

Our 24-hour Cafe' menu is full of a variety of tasty options and I know that you won't be disappointed if you have a chance to sample next time. I am thrilled to see that your stay, albeit short, was still enjoyable and look forward to your next visit!

california
Reviewed September 3, 2013

we booked through Expedia. I called to confirm my reservations and remind them I would arrive at 12:30am. I was told it would be no problem to let them know when we arrived at the airport which i did. When I called I was told they did not have a room for me and they were sending me to a different hotel. at this point it was 1am and we were tired and a little disappointed so i just went to the other hotel. which the hyatt paid for, the other hotel was great and very accommodating we were giving sandwiches and water bottles upon arrival. so from now on I will be staying with the other hotel. oh and I did prepay for my room 3 months in advance

Room Tip: don't stay here
Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank 2scrams
Dear 2scrams:

I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience that you experienced in being relocated and assure you that, due to these unavoidable circumstances, we issued an immediate refund of the money that you had paid. While I am very happy to know that the hotel you were moved to took wonderful care of you, I do hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you.

Please do not hesitate to contact me personally if you would like to discuss your experience.

Eagle, Idaho, United States
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Except for some noisy neighbors, I had a great stay. The airport traffic can be troublesome starting at around 6:00 AM, but all the hotels in Cascade Station are subjected to the noise of airplanes taking off in the early morning. I will stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013
Jim M:
I appreciate your review of Hyatt Place Portland and I want to apologize for any discomfort you experienced due to noise. We do have quadruple-paned windows in addition to standard insulation between guest rooms. While these can minimize a bulk of noise, unfortunately, there are exceptions on occasion. Our desk team is always ready to respond to reports of "noisy neighbors" to ensure that your stay is as comfortable as possible.

Thank you again for your review and we hope to be of service to you again in the future!