“Exceptional staff”

Hyatt Place Portland Airport / Cascade Station
Ranked #32 of 146 Hotels in Portland
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed June 10, 2013

While the hotel was just what I expected. My room was very quiet, clean with all the amenities, the hotel staff was extremely friendly and went out of its way to be helpful. I travel quite a bit and this property provided all that I needed for my business trip. This was my second stay at this property and i will be back when business or pleasure takes me back to Portland.

Room Tip: I was on the south side, top floor to the back of the hotel and my room was very quiet.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Timothy D, Assistant General Manager at Hyatt Place Portland Airport / Cascade Station, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2013

Hello and thank you so much for taking the time to review Hyatt Place Portland on TripAdvisor!
I am really happy to see that your stay was a smooth and comfortable experience and will be sure to share your comments with my team. I hope to meet you on your next visit to Portland!

timothy.donnell@hyatt.com

Write a ReviewReviews (1,060)

Reviewed June 9, 2013

Needed to be close to PDX for early AM flight, so chose Hyatt Place based on TripAdvisor reviews - it was fine for this purpose. The staff is the best thing about Hyatt Place -- all were wonderfully friendly, helpful, professional! The rooms are in need of updating (and you can hear way too much from other rooms), but comfortable. Full breakfast is a bonus!

Room Tip: The windows don't open, so it may not matter - but higher floors seem quieter.
1  Thank xoxo27
Timothy D, Assistant General Manager at Hyatt Place Portland Airport / Cascade Station, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2013

Dear xoxo27,

I appreciate you taking the time to review Hyatt Place Portland on TripAdvisor! Further, I am thrilled that your short stay was enjoyable. It is my hope that your concerns about noise were addressed immediately. Our Front Desk staff are quick to respond to any reports of excessive noise because we do know that many guests, such as yourself, have early flights. I do apologize for any discomfort you experienced

In addition, I will be sure to share your kind comments about service with my team! Thank you, again, for your feedback and we hope to be of serive to you on your next trip to the area.

Reviewed June 8, 2013 via mobile

White glove clean...puts one in a quick state of ease as everywhere you look its literally spotless!
Well appointed spacious rooms!
Perfect setup to conduct business.
We stayed on the 4th floor (incredibly quiet) could not have been better.

Their 24 hour cafe is a definite bonus!
Breakfast was really quite good!

When in Portland this will be our #1 choice!

Highly recommend staying away from the lower floors (due to the above noise level) 4th floor was the key to the ultimate rest.

The rate was $120 ...WORTH every dollar!!!!

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank billionsandnocure

billionsandnocure,

Hello and thank you so much for your wonderful and kind review! I am happy to read that you enjoyed a quiet stay and it is truly an honor to know that we are your #1 choice when visiting the area. Our 24-hour food options are a great amenity that guests appreciate and I am glad that your experience was positive.

Thank you, again, for rating Hyatt Place Portland on TripAdvisor; we look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed June 7, 2013

I selected the Hyatt Place for a group trip of 18 high school students. I had stayed at the Hyatt Place several times as a solo traveler and thought I would give the hotel a try for my group.

We had an excellent stay. I like the fact that the rooms are spacious with either a king or double beds and a sofa sleeper. The hotel has a small fitness center and pool which is great for families.

One needs to keep in mind that the Hyatt Place is not a full service Hyatt. You will not find a restaurant, but a café with nice food and beverage options. The hotel provides breakfast which now includes hot options.

The location is in the Cascade Station area. There's a lot of shopping and dining options. There is a MAX stop a couple of blocks from the hotel providing easy access to downtown Portland for those who do not want to deal with driving into the city. The hotel provides a shuttle to the airport.

My group of kids were well behaved, but we had one minor incident and was glad when the front desk called me to alert me of a noise complaint at 9:00pm. We quickly put an end to it and had no further complaints. The staff were friendly, helpful and allowed us to do a birthday party for one our students.

Room Tip: Select a room on the top floor to avoid hearing noise from people above you.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Hello DKHNL:
I am so glad to read that you and your group had a wonderful stay and that our team here took care of your needs. I also want to thank you for your continued business as a solo traveler and hope to meet you on your next trip!

If you plan to utilize the Max Light Rail, we did just begin a new "Explore Portland" package which includes 2 day passes for the train as well as maps, a reusable shopping bag and bottled water. This package is available for booking through our website or reservations!

Thank you, again, for rating Hyatt Place Portland on TripAdvisor!

Reviewed June 6, 2013

We've stayed here twice when in Portland to visit family and friends. There's another good hotel out by the airport, but the Hyatt beats them with a more comfortable room and a really good/free breakfast in the morning. We have an infant and they were great about getting a portable crib in the room, and everyone slept great.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Hello and thank you so much for your kind review!
I know that you have several great options in accommodations near the Portland Airport and it is such a compliment to read that you value our product. Our guest room layout and size is a common point of praise from our guests and I am happy that you have enjoyed your experiences here, including the tasty breakfast!

Reviewed June 6, 2013 via mobile

I've stayed here about 12 nights in the past few months. I really want to love this place but the service is not good. The check in is smooth but anything to do with food is poor. I often see employed wearing the protective gloves when handling food but they also touch everything else with them too.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Jeff M

Dear Jeff M,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about Hyatt Place Portland on TripAdvisor. First, I would like to thank you for your continued business; we really appreciate it! In addition, I am sorry to read that you have been dissatisfied with our food service. I would very much like to use your specific concerns as training opportunities with my staff. While I will definitely be addressing the matter of glove-use, if you have any additional details, I would welcome them.

Please feel free to contact me via telephone or email if you would like to discuss your experience.

Thank you, again, for your review! We hope to continue serving as your home away from home when in our area.

Reviewed June 4, 2013

We have stayed there many times and always go back because of the way we are treated, the comfyness of the rooms and proximity to the airport. The rooms are nice and the beds are comfortable. Their shuttle service is great and the drivers were super helpful. You won't be disappointed if you stay there!

Room Tip: Stay on the top floor facing the south, great views!

Dear Thacounseling1,
Thank you so much for the wonderful feedback about your recent stay with us! I will be sure to share your kind comments with my staff and recognize the shuttle driver's for their service!

Thank you, again, for rating Hyatt Place Portland on TripAdvisor!