WINNER WONDERLAND

Hyatt Place Portland Airport / Cascade Station
Ranked #25 of 137 Hotels in Portland
GreenLeadersSilver level
Sutherlin, Oregon
“Great stay at the Hyatt”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2013

This is a nice airport hotel, conveniently located in the Cascade station near restaurants and shopping. The beds are very comfortable with a small wall separating the 2 sleeping areas. They offer a free breakfast that is a notch above most in offering some healthier choices.

2 Thank cruizingirl
Timothy D, Assistant General Manager at Hyatt Place Portland Airport / Cascade Station, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Hello cruizingirl!
I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us in Portland - I sure hope you were able to enjoy this beautiful weather that we've been having! I will be sure to pass on your comments to my breakfast team; thank you for sharing!

We appreciate you for rating Hyatt Place Portland on TripAdvisor!

timothy.donnell@hyatt.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Auburn, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2013

Stayed here for my sons birthday. I will definatley say very nice hotel to stay at, my wife and son enjoyed the pool and he loved that we could watch the plans landing.The hotel staff were excellent,Issac who checked me in was awsome, gave me a few ideas on some places to take our son for his birthday and took the time to show me on the map were they were and also gave us a room close to the pool.Rooms were really nice,big and nicely set up with a flat screen tv.Only bad part was the bed,way to soft and extremly noisey. Everytime my wife turned over i woke,plus she is pregnant and slept just as bad as i did.Definatley a nice hotel and great service, but the beds my deter me from returning.

Room Tip: If you have kids,a room close to the pool works great.
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank frank n
Timothy D, Assistant General Manager at Hyatt Place Portland Airport / Cascade Station, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Hello, frank n, and thank you so much for your feedback! I would, first, like to apologize for the discomfort you experienced with our beds. I will be sure to address this with housekeeping as this is not a comment we receive often. Additionally, I will share your kind comments regarding Issac's service with my management team and be sure to recognize him. I am so glad that he was able to assist you and hope that the birthday trip was a huge success!

It is my hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you; please contact me directly if I may be of any assistance!

BratTee1
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2013

stayed here because it was near the airport. love the location. lots of shops and places to eat near by. room was large and decor was nice. love the large sitting area. bed were ok. air con was loud wasn't sure if it was to drown out the noise next door (buffalo wild wings) but it made it hard to sleep. breakfast was great and the selections of drinks.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank BratTee1
Dear BratTee1,
I appreciate you taking the time to review our property and am sorry to hear about your experience with the a/c unit. I sincerely apologize for this inconvenience to what sounds like was, otherwise, an enjoyable stay with us here in Portland. I will alert maintenance of this excessive noise to see if there are any issues may identified and corrected.

Bend, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013

My sister and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay in this great hotel. The room was spacious and the fridge and microwave were a huge convenience. The staff was patient, friendly and helpful. A staff member called "John" introduced himself to us in the hallway and asked that we call him if we needed anything at all. Their staff training program must be exceptional! We were on the first floor and heard nothing outside our room although a wonderful shopping center is across the street and the airport is very close. This was a mini vacation so we were going to a restaurant for breakfast but the free and convenient breakfast room drew us in and we enjoyed the selection and saved about $30.00! I would stay here again and highly recommend it to everyone else.

Room Tip: We normally choose a higher up room but our last hotel stay, the fire alarm malfunctioned TWICE and...
2 Thank Pamsue234
Timothy D, Assistant General Manager at Hyatt Place Portland Airport / Cascade Station, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Pamsue234,
Thank you for your wonderful comments about our hotel! I am sorry to hear that your last stay was interrupted with the fire alarm and really appreciate you giving us another chance to serve you on this trip. In addition, I will be sure to recognize Jon for your comments about his service; we are lucky to have him!

Thank you for rating Hyatt Place Portland on TripAdvisor and we hope to have you back on your next visit to Portland.

Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013

I stayed at this hotel while on business in downtown Portland. I simply took MAX in/out for 2 days. Very easy.

Pros:
Large room with L-shape couch. Comfortable for watching TV. Nice desk with free wifi. Wifi was slow at times. Hot breakfast with new kitchen skillet items each morning. Microwave and refrigerator in room. Water pressure was fine. Surprisingly quiet for being next to PDX. HVAC system easy to adjust. Housekeeping was efficient and non-intrusive!

Cons:
Strange "moldy" smell in room 419. Elevator was very cold. Coffee in room and at breakfast was not very good - you had to pay extra for Starbucks. When I went down to the pool, it was closed for maintenance. Never saw anyone swimming while I was there for three days.

Room Tip: Would not recommend room 419.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Chancensam
Hello and thank you so much for your feedback! We rarely receive comments from guests regarding airplane noise because we have quadruple paned windows and I am glad to hear that your experience was positive!

In addition, I will be sure to address your issues with room 419 with my Executive Housekeeper. I appreciate your feedback and would love to invite you back on your next trip to the area.

Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2013

We recently stayed here with our two young children & had a wonderful time. This hotel is clean & well maintained and you can tell that from the minute you walk in the front door. The staff is great, everyone was friendly & helpful. Our room was clean, spacious & very comfortable. It had a nice L shaped sofa, microwave & a small fridge. Our stay included an above average breakfast in the mornings, which was great. The pool & hot tub are a nice size, clean and well maintained.

This is right next to the airport so there is some air traffic noise but not nearly as bad as I would have expected.

Overall, a wonderful stay.

2 Thank 4Bug-a-Boos
Timothy D, Assistant General Manager at Hyatt Place Portland Airport / Cascade Station, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Hello and thank you so much for your review. I really appreciate your kind comments about our staff and complimentary breakfast and will be sure to share them with my staff! We would love to have you back on your next trip to the area!

Sacramento, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

Hotel is very nice and in a great location right next to Portland airport. Hotel employees were helpful and friendly. Food was good. This hotel is good for families or someone traveling on business. Rooms are spacious. Have a separate livingroom area with a "L" shape sofa, which has a sofabed. Also had a microwave in the room which is nice. In other Hyatt Place Hotels I stayed at they charged extra to have a microwave in the room. Several shops/restaurants within walking distance of the hotel. There was a IHOP right next door. Target and Ikea just down the street.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Donna G
Donna G,
Good afternoon and thank you so much for your detailed review! I should mention that, while not every room is equipped a microwave, we are happy to deliver them to rooms on request if a guest is in a room without one. I hope to meet you on your next visit to Portland!