“best airport hotel”

Hyatt Place Portland Airport / Cascade Station
Ranked #32 of 144 Hotels in Portland
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed October 18, 2012

After trying lots of airport hotels near PDX, Hyatt Place has become our hotel of choice. Great rooms, personal service, indoor pool, good deal for keeping your car there during your trip at a very competitive rate. Lots of amenities that cost at other hotels - breakfast, wifi, newspaper. Lovely little sweets and great shuttle service.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Jennifer K, General Manager at Hyatt Place Portland Airport / Cascade Station, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2012

Thank you so much for your feedback and choosing us as your hotel of choice in Portland that is so fabulous to hear! I will share your kind comments with our staff as well.
You mentioned you enjoy the sweets in our bakery case, which we are excited to say we have just updated! We offer several new options in addition to our originals, all of which got rave reviews from the staff samples prior to roll out to our guests! We hope you enjoy the new selections on your next visit!
Again thank you so much for you feedback, we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,046)

Reviewed October 10, 2012

Problem with this hotel where I stayed for 3 nights is that you hear everybody, outside in the hall, in the room next door, just like if they were in your own room.
Phonic isoltaiton is a disaster.
Add to this slamming doors and you get the picture. Too bad.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Steve J
Jennifer K, General Manager at Hyatt Place Portland Airport / Cascade Station, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2012

Thank you so much for your feedback, feedback such as yours is essential in our goals of providing the best experience for all of our guests. It is disappointing to hear you felt the hotel was noisy, we do not hear this often, as we have taken extra precautions in the construction of the hotel in quadruple paned windows, heavy duty hydraulic arm closures on all doors in order to assist them close quietly, as well as standard insulation between rooms. I sincerely apologize for this inconvenience to what sounds like was otherwise an enjoyable stay with us here in Portland.
I will personally double check the doors near the room in which you stayed, as well as the room itself, to see there are any issues I may identify and correct.
Again, thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback!

Reviewed October 9, 2012

My wife and I stayed for the night, and it was perfect. Close to the airport, beautiful and spacious room, nice facilities. Had to leave too early for breakfast, but it looked like it would have been great too. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Jennifer K, General Manager at Hyatt Place Portland Airport / Cascade Station, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2012

Thank you for your feedback and offer to recommend! We hope the next time you are here with us you get the opportunity to join us for breakfast, but if not, please let the desk know you will be leaving early. We will happily prepare a little breakfast "to go" bag for you, as we offer to our early departing guests! We understand how those early morning travels can be, and want to make sure you have a little something to start your day on. :)
Again, thank you so much for your time and review, we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed October 8, 2012

My wife and I stayed here three nights and would have been happy for a month.
Rooms were spacious and spotless.
Everyone working there was very, very friendly and made us feel at home.
The breakfast was maybe the best I ever had at a hotel for free. Fresh fruit, yogurt, oatmeal, egg sandwiches, pastries, etc. I love oatmeal and this was the good kind. Fresh cooked with good stuff to add.
Of course it is very close to airport and also happens to be within close walking distance of an exceptional Target store.
That ended up being very handy.
I don't hesitate recommending this place!

Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for your feedback! It is so good to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, and we made you feel at home, as that is our goal!
Our breakfast is reasonably new (since June) and so far we are hearing feedback such as yours, which is also exciting!
This month we are adding new items to the hotel dining menu, as well as some additions to the bakery case, we hope these additions will also be what travelers such as yourself are looking for. :)
Again, thank you so much for your time, we look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed October 6, 2012 via mobile

This is a great place to stay. Everyone is extra friendly and helpful. The rooms are updated an spacious. Free wifi. 24 hour pool. Lots of scrumptious choices for their complimentary breakfast. Within walking distance of Ikea and many other shops. We took advantage of their "park stay fly" program. The shuttle to the airport ran on time and when we got back, we called the hotel and the shuttle had us picked up with 5 minutes. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012

Thank you for your feedback! Positive feedback is great to hear and wonderful to share with the staff! We look forward to your next stay, and hope your vacation is near! Our shuttle is ready when you are. :)
Again, thank you for your time in providing us with feedback, we sincerely appreciate it!

Reviewed October 5, 2012

We wanted convenience to the airport and rail. Hyatt Place has both. It also has great service, rooms that are large, spanking clean, and not a bit fussy. I loved the amenities (including toothpaste -- wonderful to have in the age of TSA restrictions). Breakfast is lovely, with a good selection of hot and cold items. The front desk help were fantastic and accommodating, respectful but not obsequious. Altogether my kind of place. I want to call out for special praise the workout room, with it's hybrid equipment. What a nice touch.

Would we stay there again? Absolutely.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for your wonderful comments! I printed your comments concerning the front desk staff and shared them at our morning stand up meeting! The spirit for customer service is sometimes hard to find, and I feel fortunate to work with the team here at Hyatt Place!
Next time you are here be sure to ask the front desk for a map of downtown before you take the rail, we just had them updated, and they are great for walking and site seeing!
Again, thank you so much for your feedback., we look forward to your next stay with us!

Reviewed October 5, 2012

I stayed at the Hyatt Place in Portland in the middle of September while on a business trip. The room was more than adequately huge for a single occupant, and it stayed silent as a mouse most of the day.

The breakfast that is available (free) down stairs in the lobby area was a complete knock-out. The breakfast sandwiches were divine (when they brought them out fresh) and they had a plethora of fresh fruit and cereal options, including pots of hot oatmeal. They even have an ice table that keeps the milk, juices, etc cold - which was very nice!

The staff were all extremely nice. The ones manning the check in desk during the morning were awake and pleasant and always had a huge smile.

While I could see the pool from the breakfast area, I never saw anyone using it or the spa. It looked amazing and clean in there, but the water was a sheet of glass, and looked lonely. Sorry pool.

The rooms were quiet most of the day, but at night when my neighbors would arrive back and flip on their TVs it was irritating. There may have been a hard-of-hearing convention in town, because the televisions on both sides were just blasting. I need my beauty sleep... luckily, I slept in one of my meetings, so I was still at least passably cute for the duration of my stay.

I would stay here again in a heart beat. You walk into your room and there's a massive couch and sitting area. If I were more social, or ever got down with my bad self, I could have held a small house-party there, entertained a troupe of contortionists, or taken up tae bo.

I look forward to revisiting Portland soon - and I look forward to staying at the Hyatt Place.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for your review and kind words! It is wonderful to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, I love being able to post positive feedback for the staff to see when they arrive for work.
On your next trip we will have our new bakery items in full swing as well as a few new options on our menu! We hope this makes your next stay even more enjoyable!
Again, thank you for your feedback, we look forward to your return!