“Awesomely awesome.”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Eagle Point, Oregon
“Awesomely awesome.”
Reviewed October 6, 2012 via mobile

This is a great place to stay. Everyone is extra friendly and helpful. The rooms are updated an spacious. Free wifi. 24 hour pool. Lots of scrumptious choices for their complimentary breakfast. Within walking distance of Ikea and many other shops. We took advantage of their "park stay fly" program. The shuttle to the airport ran on time and when we got back, we called the hotel and the shuttle had us picked up with 5 minutes. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2012
Jennifer K, General Manager at Hyatt Place Portland Airport / Cascade Station, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Thank you for your feedback! Positive feedback is great to hear and wonderful to share with the staff! We look forward to your next stay, and hope your vacation is near! Our shuttle is ready when you are. :)
Again, thank you for your time in providing us with feedback, we sincerely appreciate it!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Hilo, Hawaii
Reviewed October 5, 2012 via mobile

We wanted convenience to the airport and rail. Hyatt Place has both. It also has great service, rooms that are large, spanking clean, and not a bit fussy. I loved the amenities (including toothpaste -- wonderful to have in the age of TSA restrictions). Breakfast is lovely, with a good selection of hot and cold items. The front desk help were fantastic and accommodating, respectful but not obsequious. Altogether my kind of place. I want to call out for special praise the workout room, with it's hybrid equipment. What a nice touch.

Would we stay there again? Absolutely.

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your wonderful comments! I printed your comments concerning the front desk staff and shared them at our morning stand up meeting! The spirit for customer service is sometimes hard to find, and I feel fortunate to work with the team here at Hyatt Place!
Next time you are here be sure to ask the front desk for a map of downtown before you take the rail, we just had them updated, and they are great for walking and site seeing!
Again, thank you so much for your feedback., we look forward to your next stay with us!
Maple Valley
Reviewed October 5, 2012

I stayed at the Hyatt Place in Portland in the middle of September while on a business trip. The room was more than adequately huge for a single occupant, and it stayed silent as a mouse most of the day.

The breakfast that is available (free) down stairs in the lobby area was a complete knock-out. The breakfast sandwiches were divine (when they brought them out fresh) and they had a plethora of fresh fruit and cereal options, including pots of hot oatmeal. They even have an ice table that keeps the milk, juices, etc cold - which was very nice!

The staff were all extremely nice. The ones manning the check in desk during the morning were awake and pleasant and always had a huge smile.

While I could see the pool from the breakfast area, I never saw anyone using it or the spa. It looked amazing and clean in there, but the water was a sheet of glass, and looked lonely. Sorry pool.

The rooms were quiet most of the day, but at night when my neighbors would arrive back and flip on their TVs it was irritating. There may have been a hard-of-hearing convention in town, because the televisions on both sides were just blasting. I need my beauty sleep... luckily, I slept in one of my meetings, so I was still at least passably cute for the duration of my stay.

I would stay here again in a heart beat. You walk into your room and there's a massive couch and sitting area. If I were more social, or ever got down with my bad self, I could have held a small house-party there, entertained a troupe of contortionists, or taken up tae bo.

I look forward to revisiting Portland soon - and I look forward to staying at the Hyatt Place.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your review and kind words! It is wonderful to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, I love being able to post positive feedback for the staff to see when they arrive for work.
On your next trip we will have our new bakery items in full swing as well as a few new options on our menu! We hope this makes your next stay even more enjoyable!
Again, thank you for your feedback, we look forward to your return!
Florence, Kentucky
Reviewed September 28, 2012

Second stay at a Hyatt Place and both stays have been disappointing; both were less than customer service oriented. The concept, design and layout are fabulous, it's comfort meeting chic and this flows very nicely. The breakfast is wonderful and all the pieces are in place for a lovely experience. Both Santa Fe, NM and Portland, OR sites have customer service issues, it's almost as if you are bothing the front desk staff. They are neither pleased to see you, nor happy to assist with issues (reservation cancelled by manager on day of arrival, TV remote didn't work, cordless phone didn't work). I don't expect service at the level of a Grand Hyatt, but you can display the base tennents of customer service training!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your kind words, and it is disappointing to hear we have not reached our goals and exceeded your expectations during your stays. While I understand your comments are concerning stays at more than just our Hyatt Place here in Portland, therefore, I unable to be sure what exact occurrence may have taken place at our specific hotel, I want you to know I will take your comments to the staff and use this as a training opportunity as well as an opportunity to improve as a whole!
We at Hyatt Place understand the highlight and what makes or breaks a stay is more than amenities, it is a welcome atmosphere and customer service which surpasses all others! We strive to provide this to each and every guest, and will take all steps needed to make certain your experience is improved in the future!
Again, thank you for your kind words, as well as your feedback for opportunity to improve. We hope you will afford us another opportunity to serve your needs so we may improve your opinion!
LAesquared
Reviewed September 18, 2012

I used this hotel at the beginning and end of a trip to the coast. The shuttles were on time. The rooms were comfortable and well-kept. The breakfast was quite acceptable. All this is much more than I would expect out of an airport hotel experience.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank LAesquared
DiamondGirl419
Reviewed September 18, 2012

My husband and I stayed overnight after a late night flight from Philadelphia. Checkin was about 1am and we were greeted by a woman who was very personable and welcoming.. We were given directions to our room which was very well-appointed and comfortable. The only minor issue I had was that the room was WAY cold, but I suspect that was because it had been a hot day and then it cooled down to the 50's at night with the a/c still being cranked way up.
The mattress and pillows were great..we slept soundly and the hotel was very quiet. Breakfast was basic....egg and cheese on a croissant, coffee, pastries, but very good and included with your stay. There were also other foods near the front desk that you could purchase if need be. We paid for this stay with our Hyatt points, but I found it to be a very pleasant stay that easily was worth $150 a night for a king bed room.

This hotel is located across from a huge shopping outlet and close to Target if you need supplies. It is also the only Hyatt in Oregon--and very close to the airport.

Room Tip: There is a Target very close by and a Walmart is about 5-10 minutes away.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank DiamondGirl419
Hamilton, New Jersey
Reviewed September 12, 2012

We stayed here the night before our early morning flight. It was a great choice. Near the airport but no airline noises.

The lobby (called "the Gallery") was quite bright and modern. People at the reception desk (called "Gallery Hosts") were very attentive and friendly.

Food is available (for sale, of course) in the Gallery 24 hours a day. Breakfast is an included perk of the stay. The breakfast had cereal and fruit, made to order food (pancakes and breakfast sandwiches), etc. It was lovely.

The room was a typical hotel "suite": a room divider between the bedroom area and the seating area. The large tv is "shared" between the two areas. There is a coffee maker, microwave and refrigerator. The room was very clean.

There is a work area.

The hotel does have a "business center" (Two computers and printer.)

This hotel is within walking distance of Cascade Station (a shopping area). Within Cascade Station there are a number of restaurants: Red Robin, etc. (I can't really remember the others!). On the same side of the street as the hotel are IHOP and Buffalo Wild Wings.

The train to/from Portland is also within walking distance.

Yes, this hotel has an airport shuttle (must be scheduled at the Gallery for your trip to the airport).

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple