“Perfect place to stay in Portland!”

Residence Inn Portland Airport at Cascade Station
Ranked #36 of 144 Hotels in Portland
Reviewed December 27, 2013

This hotel is extremely close to the airport, and very convenient to major highways if you have a rental car. And there is a station just steps away from the hotel for those wishing to take the train. With Target just next door, grabbing those last minute items or food/snacks to bring back to your room was so convenient.

The hotel staff was very nice and friendly, from check-in to check out. The hotel was very clean, and my room was wonderful! It was a suite with a kitchen, living/dining area, desk, and a separate bed area. TV was viewable from any place in the room (except the bathroom), and the channel selection was a nice perk. Kitchen has all the basic amenities, just add your own food. The daily breakfast was delicious - great selection and staff.

I would definitely recommend this hotel to everyone, from those traveling alone like me, to families. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Myrna G, General Manager at Residence Inn Portland Airport at Cascade Station, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2013

Dear Residence Inn Guest,
Hope that your enjoying your day and I wanted to take a moment and say thank you for the comments regarding your recent stay at the Residence Inn Portland Airport.
I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and that the staff delivered great service.
We also like the location near Target and the other stores at Cascade Station.
Hope to see you in the near future and again thank you for your kind comments.

Reviewed December 1, 2013

This is a convenient location near PDX with an outstanding room to include, full kitchen, living room, king bed, bathroom sink area and separate toilet and shower. It was well appointed, updated and gave a new and modern appeal. It is next door to Subway, Target, a new Wendys, and walkable to the Cascades area Ikea, Red Robbin and many other stores. Some businesses are close by also and they have a convenient shuttle service to and from the airport. The only reason it did not get excellent as it was a bit noisy. Children could be heard running up and down the hall- the next floor up and heavy foot traffic in the room above. If you are a light sleeper, you may want the top floor but value for the room was excellent on Priceline. It was just by chance they accepted my bid and well worth it.

Room Tip: Top floor to eliminate foot traffic above you. This is a consistent experience with Residence Inn...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Myrna G, General Manager at Residence Inn Portland Airport at Cascade Station, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2013

Hello Donald W,
I wanted to take a moment and say Thank you for staying at the Residence Inn Portland Airport, and I was pleased to read thay you had an enjoyable stay.
I love the location of the hotel also as we are so convient to shopping, food and the airport.
We hope the next time you are in Portland that you will visit us again.
Again thank you,

Reviewed November 30, 2013

Stayed one night but wished I could have stayed longer. Very nice updated and modern decor. I also enjoyed the layout - different from other Res. Inns. This one had the bathroom sink right off the living room with a separate door to the toilet and shower and yet another door to the bedroom vs. walking thru the bedroom to get to the bath. Very quiet location as I stayed on the top floor. Too bad the fireplace didn't work. The controls had no directions so had to call front desk, even though I tried to make it work They were going to send someone up but instead they called me with directions which I already figured out - so apparently it just wasn't coming on even though the monitor said it was on. So they could only tell me that they would fix it tomorrow but too late for me to enjoy.
No one had made sure there was ice in the freezer (automatic ice maker) before my arrival. Since there is no ice maker in the building for public use, I had to call the desk to bring us some ice, which they happily did.
The bed, pillows, lighting and furnishings were perfect and very comfortable.
Staff was very helpful and friendly. Would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask for the top floor. Check the ice maker right away and ask for ice if there isn't any ice mad...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Dear Residence Inn Guest,
I wanted to thank you very much for staying at the Residence Inn Portland Airport and take a moment to respond to your comments. I was sorry to read that the fire place did not work and I promise that I will check in to that issue so that hopefully on you next return you will be able to enjoy it. However I was pleased to read that the rest of you stay was enjoyable and that my staff was able to assist you.
Again thank you for your comments and hope to see you again.

Reviewed November 26, 2013

Yes, when you see as much brown as yellow in the scrambled eggs the cook burned them! No wonder folks opened the dish, looked in, closed it and went elsewhere. I saw this repeated over and over. I opted for a waffle, which I cooked.

The rooms appear new or newly remodeled and were very nice. Walk 200 feet and you are at the MAX light rail if public transportation is your thing. Subway next door, other chain restaurants a half mile walk.

I end up in Portland frequently and will probably stay again but will make my own arrangements for breakfast.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo

Dear Residence Inn Guest,
I wanted to first thank you for choosing the Residence Inn Portland Airport ,and also let you know that the issues with our breakfast have been addressed. I want to personally apologize, as breakfast is the best meal to start the day and not having quality food is unacceptable.
However I was glad to read that when you return to Portland that you would stay with us.
Again thank you for your comments and hope to see you soon.

Reviewed November 25, 2013

On a 2 week road trip during which we stayed at several Residence Inns, this was our least favorite. The room was neat and comfortable enough though there were some areas missed by the housekeeping staff. It was sold out the night we stayed so perhaps that explains some of the areas we found lacking: the front desk attendant less than attentive and professional, the evening meal (hamburgers and salads) and morning breakfast were not keep stocked, guests kept returning or standing around waiting for items.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 3, 2013

I booked my hotel block at this hotel for guests that were coming into town because it's next to the airport and right on the max line. The hotel is fairly new and has some modern touches to it. Rhonda the sales manager is great and went above and beyond for me and my wedding party. I even had my bridal shower in their conference room. My only complain is that the walls are fairly thin and we received several complaints when we were on the fourth floor and ended up moving to the first floor where we had zero complaints for the remainder of our stay. But overall we had an enjoyable stay and would definitely return again. BTW the breakfast is really good :)

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 28, 2013

This hotel was fantastic when we were looking for a convenient location close to PDX. It is one Max stop away (<5 min on the train) and they also provide a complimentary shuttle (<5 minutes) to airport. This is located next to a super target and is down the road from shopping, however I wild recommend if someone is in PDX for tourism, this would not be my first choice for ease of access to the city center (~30 minutes on the train). The room absolutely exceeded my expectations--nice kitchenette, rotating TV stand, and modern furniture. Staff was very friendly and the building was clean.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends