“EXCELLENT MARRIOTT PROPERTY!”

Ranked #38 of 142 Hotels in Portland
Walla Walla, Washington
“EXCELLENT MARRIOTT PROPERTY!”
Reviewed February 5, 2013

I arrived on a friday afternoon. The receptionist looked at my profile and noted my preferences.
She informed me that she had the perfect room ready for me.
She was correct.
Excellent desk for computer work. DirecTV HD. Large bathroom with an excellent shower.
A wonderful bed with extra pillows.
The complimentary breakfast changes daily. The pool was warm. Excellent exercise room.
Also a self service laundry if you need it.
I definitely will return here next month.
20 times better than Spring Hill Suites at PDX.
Also the MAX train to Downtown PDX is right outside the door.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Southern Oregon
Reviewed January 15, 2013

I have stayed in this hotel twice now and love it every time I do. Thanks to the great customer service we were able to stay in the same room, a one-bedroom suite with fireplace.
Our family of 3, 2 adults and a toddler, fit in this room comfortably. The setup of the room is perfect for being able to put your kid to sleep in the bedroom and stay up later in the living space and use the bathroom without disturbing the bedroom. The bedroom has plenty of space for a pack and play and all our stuff.
When traveling to Portland with a vehicle this is a great option, as there is ample parking for free. You can easily get on the MAX line right outside the front doors to get downtown or anywhere else the transportation lines will take you.
Hotel is clean, service is great, and price is reasonable for the space you get.

Room Tip: Talk to staff on the phone and let them know the type of room you would like. They will likely accom...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank ChateauCC
Robert E, General Manager at Residence Inn Portland Airport at Cascade Station, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words about my hotel, we look forward to seeing you on your next trip.

Windsor, Canada
Reviewed January 8, 2013 via mobile

Unprofessional!!! Stay at the Spring Hill Suites down the road. Visited this hotel, sadly for 5 days during our Christmas Holiday vacation. You'd think as a Marriott Reward holder and with as many stays as we've had this past year at Marriott's we'd be treated with much more professionalism. The front dest staff knows very little of the surrounding area or how the MAX OUTSIDE THIER DOOR functions. Don't even think about coming down for breakfast 1 minute late. Even the manager is shutting the door in your face. There is NO common courtesy of asking patrons if they need anything else before they close down breakfast they just shut the doors! The front staff was loud with one another and engaged in inappropriate conversations that guests need not be a part of. When booking our room we also booked a room for another family member. We requested verbally to the hotel directly to be on the same level well in advanced. Upon arrival the the front dest attendant told us it was impossible due to the room types. Then proceeded to check us in to the Wrong room. The following morning all a side we wake to opening the blinds to a roof of air conditioner fans...for a week? Hmm. So we try to request a new room once again. We were told there should have been no reason for us not to be on the same floor as our family members, so we wait all day to move. Only to be put in a handicap room with NO storage..for 5 days?? You'd think this "hospitality" service would do a little research on their customers and accommodate a little better!
We ended up having to stay one more night on a separate occasion that same holiday stay. We moved down to Spring hill Suites...EXCELLENT stay!

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Ct V
I’m so sorry for the issues with your recent stay at my hotel. Since reading your review I have been personally working with the front desk and breakfast teams to ensure that these situations do not arise again for future guests. I hope that on your next visit to Portland you’re willing to give the Residence Inn Portland Airport at Cascade Station a second chance so that we as a team can exceed your expectations.

Herndon, Virginia
Reviewed January 4, 2013

Very pleasantly surprised by this property! Had an early flight and didn't want to drive up early so I booked at Residence Inn Portland Airport at Cascade Station.

- Very friendly front desk
- Great shuttle service with a driver who was friendly and helped with all three of my overweight bags.
- Fireplace room was really great.

Instead of just a place to grab some extra sleep, I found myself really enjoying the room - nice surprise for someone who spends 75+ nights a year in hotels.

Well Done Marriott!

Room Tip: Get the fireplace room
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Justin S
Thank you for taking the time to review my hotel, we appreciate your kind words and I will certainly share them with my team.

Seattle, Washington
Reviewed December 31, 2012

I've stayed here a fee times since they opened. Normally this is a good hotel, but this trip this hotel was off.

Upon checking into the room, I noticed a few thIngs that looked off -- no alarm clock, missing body soap, the towels were missing one and looked like someone just threw them on the wrack, and the bed sheets looked a little messy like someone was laying in the bed --- also a black long hair on the white sheets. Also, the bed skirt had stains and the sofa bed was missing any sheets???

Service wise the hotel appeared to be just ok. Requested the sheets for my daughter to use the sofa sleeper --- front desk said it would be 20 minutes to deliver cause they were busy --- the front desk was across the hall!!!

The breakfast service was missing a few standard items such as the yogurt parfaits.

I let the front desk know the discrepancies upon checkout --- and that I'm a Marriott Gold --- travel to residence inns 2-3 times a month --- and this hotel is NOT on par with others. She thanked me for the "squawks" and never apologized.

Thank you because I'll start staying at another Marriott property that meets the Marriott service/cleaning standards in PDX in the future.

• Stayed December 2012
I wanted to apologize for the service failures and cleanliness issues that you experienced at my hotel recently. I appreciate that you brought this to my attention so that I can make the necessary changes and correct the existing issues so that no guest ever has an experience similar to this moving forward. I do hope that you’ll reconsider staying at another Marriott property in the Portland area and revisit my Residence Inn on your future visits. I look forward to having you back as our guest.

La Grande, Oregon
Reviewed December 3, 2012

Just a very nice, solid place to stay. This is near the airport and right next to the Max Line, so it's convenient to downtown as well. Free parking is always a plus.

The rooms are all suites, so we had a king bed with a separate area with a kitchen, (stove, full refrigerator, microwave, dishwasher, etc.) Small sofa and small table with two chairs.

The bed was very comfortable. The breakfast was above average--this day it offered scrambled eggs, red potatoes, sausages, and turkey canadian bacon, egg and cheese muffins, as well as cook your own waffles, yogurts, fruits, breads, etc.

The fitness room was nice, with higher quality, newer equipment.

Customer service was great. It seemed every staff person we met had a smile and wanted to know if there was anything they could do. The pride of place was there.

The only caveat I would have is that occasionally--in the hallway--I would hear an airplane, never heard one in the room. If you're a terribly light sleeper, I suppose it could be a problem.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Kath541
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed December 3, 2012

This was my 3rd Portland Residence Inn and it was the best one so far. Its brand new, right by the airport and close to some restaurants and shopping. Although it is by the airport, its not as noisy as one would expect. Hotel also provides pretty good selection for breakfast and a meal with wine in the evening. You can walk over to Target which is right next door and there are tons of restaurants in the shopping area including a Starbucks. It has easy access to the airport and to the highway. I will be back for sure.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business