“A little taste of NOLA...”

My Brother's Crawfish
Ranked #1,605 of 4,363 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 9, 2011

I just got back from a trip to NOLA and wanted to have a little reminder. This place did just that.

They have a wide range of items including a full bar. They feature Cafe du Monde chicory coffee. And a selection of Abita beer.

Most of the food was quite good. We ate and ate. I really liked the jambalaya, dirty rice, hush puppies and coleslaw. The sweet tea was also good. Although the jumbo wasn't great. One was actually inedible.

The service was quick and friendly. Our drinks were never empty.

I want to go back and try some more.

There are newer reviews for My Brother's Crawfish

Reviewed November 28, 2010

Let me start by saying don’t let appearances deceive you, the restaurant is located in a Strip Mall and it was a haul to get there. I was staying in Downtown.

We started by ordering Abita Purple Haze and Abita Turbo Dog beer. Yes, it was in the bottle, but so what it still tasted really good!

Then we ordered Fried Green Tomatoes. They were good, but not my favorite. I didn’t come here for the tomatoes anyway.

Then we ordered a Boil and we chose to put 1 pound of Prawns and 2 pounds of Crawfish in it. You can order any level of spiciness but we decided to go “very spicy”. I had no regrets. It was amazing!!! You know it’s good when you are using a spoon to drink the broth. Our hands we sooooo messy but it was heaven! Halfway through our feast we ordered another pound of crawfish because they were so good.

* Before we ordered we were notified that it wasn’t Crawfish season yet, and the crawfish that they would be serving was frozen. It didn’t matter to us at all. When our meal came it really didn’t matter it was DELICIOUS!!! Unless you are used to eating fresh crawfish you wouldn’t notice either!

*My only gripe would be that the Prawns weren’t deveined, my friend didn’t mind though. It didn’t ruin my meal, I came for the crawfish!

So make sure to take a trip to eat the best crawfish outside of New Orleans! (And Yes, I have been there!)